Official Review: Clueless 101 by J. Ronald Adair

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Official Review: Clueless 101 by J. Ronald Adair

Post by Silvermoon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Clueless 101" by J. Ronald Adair.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Clueless 101 (A Life Manual for Millennials) by J. Ronald Adair is a self-help book for the Millennial Generation. The Millennial Generation was originally referred to as Generation Y and were born in the nineteen-eighties. This book is concerned with helping this particular generation be successful. Our society has degenerated so far, that the last two generations have not had any training on how to sustain themselves. The author admires the traits of the Millennial generation and hopes to bridge the gap left by the hippie generation. The desired outcome of this book is that the Millennials will understand and learn the skills necessary to succeed. Hopefully, they will then teach their offspring, Generation Z also known as Snowflakes, the life-skills they have learned.

The deterioration of self-sufficiency and life-skills began with the hippie era. Before them, the skills to be self-sufficient had been passed down. The nonconformists rebelled against authority, society, and morality. Family unity, values, and necessary life skills were lost, spiraling down to a generation who knows nothing about how to survive on their own. The author describes himself as the grandfather who is imparting the wisdom he has achieved over the years to those that come after him. His book is written to counsel those who are looking to be self-supporting individuals and gives them the tools to achieve their independence.

Although this book is written for a specific generational group, the information it contains can benefit persons from every age group. The ideas the author presents includes sound advice on several different topics. They include how to make and save money, how to choose living situations, personal safety, combined with other pertinent and current issues. The subjects addressed are necessary for living and maintaining a healthy, safe and secure lifestyle. Different events and circumstances that occur in every lifetime are also covered; for example, births and funerals. The author gives sound advice and backs it up with relevant examples and references. Visual keys are included to point out valuable information that is significant to the reader. A summary is at the conclusion of each chapter, clarifying the message, to help the reader research and apply the suggestions and instructions given. Also, at the back of the book, there are an appendix, an index, a glossary and a section for references relating to the material covered within the chapters.

Although I don't believe all the people born during this period are totally clueless, we do seem to have a lot of young people still living with their parents or sharing a home with multiple people. Some of these modern problems arise from the fact that having one job to support an individual is nearly non-existent, and this is a solution that comes from necessity. I've been amazed by the ingenuity and community that this generation of young people displays, and know that the strength of their ancestors lies in their blood.

Considering the generation gap, I thought that he did a marvelous job presenting common-sense solutions for ill-prepared young people starting out on their own. The issues addressed may seem pedantic and simplistic, but the generation he is trying to reach is unaware of how to do the most ordinary tasks. Because these lessons were neglected in schools and by parents, who hadn't learned them themselves.

The book is exceptionally written and holds indispensable and essential information. It can benefit anybody trying to get out on their own, regardless of their circumstances. Despite the small issue of the unwitting condescension, I was inspired. This book gave me hope for my grandchildren and future generations. I believe if the methods provided are applied, it can make a difference for our children. I highly recommend it to anyone, regardless of when they were born, who needs a helping hand. Because of its professional quality and content, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Clueless 101
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Silvermoon's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Sounds like an informative book. I know a few people that could use this book! :)
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a helpful book. Though I'm not that old, I have to agree with the author about the degeneration of our society. Great job on the review. Congratulations to J. Ronald Adair on such a glowing review.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html

Post by Silvermoon »

Kdonegan91 wrote:Sounds like an informative book. I know a few people that could use this book! :)
Thank you!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Being of the millennial generation myself, I don't believe that I really need this book. I do believe that society is degenerating, and like Kdonegan91, I know a few people who could use this book! Thanks for the review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

As you said in your review, this sounds like a book that could benefit almost anyone, but possibly some more than others. I'm adding this to my reading list and bumping up toward the top. I am curious to learn what this author imparts. Thanks for the stellar review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Quirinius
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65134">The Limitless Real Estate Leader</a>
Currently Reading: Sylvio: Past and Present
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Quirinius »

Great review I need to share these story somewhere.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”