Official Review: Alzheimer's and Dementia: Paths to...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
WINFRIDAH JUMA
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winfridah-juma.html

Re: Official Review: Alzheimer's and Dementia: Paths to...

Post by WINFRIDAH JUMA »

I love this book and its a bit sad that after a whole 30years of moments of good health and love between Mr. and Mrs Nixon, Alzheimer's disease that attacked Don Nixon makes life more complicated. Anyway, it was difficult for Anne but through that Experience, she has enlightened us on how to deal with such situations when our loved ones suffers from Alzheimer's disease and dementia
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I cannot wait to read Alzheimer's and Dementia: Paths to Take" by Anne Elizaeth Nixon because it is about that touchy subject that needs to be dealt with. My sister in-law had to deal with this, and my grandmother had it as well. That being said I wait to read this very, very soon.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

Yes, commitment does play a major part in marriage.. It seems like a great read.
lydialeigh71
Favorite Author: Robin Jones Gunn
Currently Reading: The Mask of Perpetuity
Bookshelf Size: 717
fav_author_id: 5926

Post by lydialeigh71 »

Thank you for a delightful review! Cannot wait to read this one more thoroughly. I have painfully watched & cared for loved ones with Alzheimer's. The mind is a mystery and this book can definitely help others understand what their loved ones are going thru
Oanaread
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oanaread.html

Post by Oanaread »

I've worked with people suffering of Dementia and Alzheimer for 2 years and I know how challenging it can be to care for them. I've wonderred at the time how could their famillies put them in a care home. This book would have made me happy at that time as it seems to be the side that I would have loved to see back then. Thank you for reviewing it and for the details about the author it convinced me once more that I need to read it.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Alzheimer's and Dementia:Paths to Take, is a non-fiction book written by Anne Elizabeth Nixon, meant for the reader to become proactive in life , about myseries befalling him or her, such as disease and oldage. It talks specially about the disease known as alzheimer's and dementia. The book starts with the couple Anne (the author) and Don struggling with the disease.
The husband struggling and the wife assisting, gives the reader, the idea that their decision of marriage in mid-forties after the unsuccessful first marriages of both, was a mature decision. The author(wife) comes comes up with so much positivity about the whole event, that she writes this guide book for us,'Alzheimer's and Dementia.'
'A patient of alzheimer's and dementia is closer to animals'. Wow! I am feeling an optimistic growth within me after reading the book. Death no longer poses a question to me. I congratulate the author for such a noble idea of writing the book and request her to unveil the secrets of birth and death with the same undauntedness.
Where she failed and where she was successful in the process of finding a cure to the disease, are the steps that have been discussed and inferred from.I love the book when the author talks about their life with the friends and relatives.The book is made up of incidents, big and small, which emphasize the value of struggle in life. I also love the rural scenes of the book . She has a positive opinion about memory care centres and relates their demerits with insightfulness. Isn't life your cup of tea, actually? The book also contains relevant practical informations related to the disease. The shortness of the book aided to my interest in it.
Just one step more and the horizon reached! I ponder about the connecting link of the inferrances of the book to an universal outlook. Definitely 4 out of 4 stars, for the inspiration and support we find from the book!
kunlebass
Currently Reading: Soundproof Future Scotland
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: Tablet

Post by kunlebass »

Say no to dementia!!!!I have a strong feeling it will be an engaging book with lots of useful information though yet to be read . Kudos to Ann Dixon. Great job and congrats on being the #BOTD
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

This is a topic that definitely needs to be discussed more! This book seems like it would really prove useful to people with loved ones going through this and caregivers, alike. Wonderful and insightful review!
BestReviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2">Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry</a>
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestreviews.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by BestReviews »

Wow! After reading your review, I jut like this book. This book will be on my shelf soon.

Thank you for the review.
BestReviews
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

The two most dreaded diseases of old age is basically discussed in this book. Caregivers and relatives of their sufferers would find this book one to cherish given the information your review said it contained. I totally love that it was written in first person perspective as I believe it would bring the message home for the readers.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”