Featured Official Review: Bodybuilding for Weightloss

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
karolinka
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolinka.html
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Reading Device: 1400698987

Featured Official Review: Bodybuilding for Weightloss

Post by karolinka »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bodybuilding for weightloss" by James Eaton.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

James Eaton presents a handy guide to losing weight and staying healthy while doing it. In seven short chapters, the author describes the history of bodybuilding, lists the benefits of the sport and of a healthy diet, shows helpful techniques to focus on while exercising, and highlights tips and tricks of the sport to have a ripped body.

According to Eaton, bodybuilding started as a game in the early 19th century when men used to build their body and challenge other men to do the same. Sometimes this show of strength would result in a combat or a match. Later on, Eugen Sandow, a German, became the father of modern bodybuilding as we know it today. He pioneered dumbbells and tension bands, and he also popularized competitions.

The ultimate goal of the sport, which is practiced by both men and women, is to remove all the fat from the body and build more muscle. To do that, in a nutshell, one should have fixed meals and exercise times and must burn a pre-determined amount of calories at the end of each month. In addition, one must have a healthy diet full of proteins and fiber, such as oatmeal, egg whites, and chicken breast. The meal portions should be ideally divided into 5-6 small meals per day, rather than the customary breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He also suggests not eating processed sugars and too many carbohydrates, which can be stored by the body as fat. I felt that the author could have included some healthy recipes in this section, which would round it up nicely for the reader.

Eaton suggests to separate upper and lower body workouts on different days to pay full attention to the body, to develop a steady cardio routine, and to do high-intensity workouts to build muscle on alternate days. Getting enough sleep and staying hydrated is also a must for someone who wants to become serious about the bodybuilding sport. For beginners and for those who are overweight, Eaton suggests starting out light and build one’s way up to progressively tougher workouts.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars, because it is a great resource for someone who wants to lose weight and have a great-looking body. I liked Eaton’s tone, which was informational and clear, and the various bodybuilding techniques which were easy to follow. These are designed for beginners and advanced bodybuilders alike, and target both men and women. The e-book is interspersed with high-quality photographs throughout that highlight different workout positions and healthy food options. The book is short enough to be read in one afternoon and provides a good overview of the sport.

Bodybuilding for weightloss
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like karolinka's review? Post a comment saying so!
"How to be a writer. Step one: Write."
- A. Beauchamp.
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very informative and helpful book. Congratulations to James Eaton on such an obviously well written book.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Very nice review. It truly sounds like it is a good reference book for those interested in building a strong body.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Successful1234567
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Successful1234567 »

:D thanks
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Post by Mark Johnson »

Great review, thank you.
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
DRL_Books
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 527">Alice in Wonderland</a>
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drl-books.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by DRL_Books »

Nice review, thank you for going through the different aspects of the book.

It could be so much better with the recipes that you mentioned, just like the exercises, I personally find it more complicated to follow a healthy diet than an exercise routine. Does those work outs require any special equipment?
ListDesk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ListDesk »

This is an excellent review. You gave a good summary of what's inside the book as well as your personal thoughts.I have been reading reviews for bodybuilding programs lately to find a good one to use. I believe I will check out this book.
BestReviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2">Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry</a>
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestreviews.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by BestReviews »

I love to keep fit. This book is a must read. Thank you for your nicely presented review.
BestReviews
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Collo
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collo.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Collo »

I recently began going to the gym. This book sounds like a good source of information I can use to help me out. Good review.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

It sounds like a good resource book for those who are into body building and weight loss. Thanks for a well articulated review.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Nice review! I suggest you should set up your own Body building business too. It such a very instructional information for people wanting to stay healthy and fit. The Author should continue the advocacy, because nowadays health is really compromised because of what we eat. Food with chemical, preservatives, coloring etc. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I just started weightlifting at work with a personal trainer (I love my job) and totally love it. I think it is the best workout program I've ever done. This sounds like a great book to pick up and read. Thank you for the review!
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

I started weightlifting with the goal to eventually compete a year ago. This book sounds like awesome source material for me to look into and help me on my journey. I'm glad you found it informative. While I don't eat animal based product and there aren't any recipes, it's great that it contains suggested foods to help build muscle and lose weight. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”