Official Review: What's Your Magical Moment? by Gina Kloes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Official Review: What's Your Magical Moment? by Gina Kloes

Post by AA1495 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What's Your Magical Moment?" by Gina Kloes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review: What's Your Magical Moment? by Gina Kloes

Many of us are so caught up in our everyday lives, in our daily routines, that we seldom pause to observe and discover the beauty of our surroundings and the moments we spend. As time passes, there may be moments where we’re touched, inspired or simply affected in some way. Even a moment which may seem insignificant now, may hold much more meaning if and when we look back, in the future. Gina Kloes calls these moments ‘Magical Moments’.

Gina Kloes, in her book ‘What’s your magical moment?’, persuades her readers to take some time out of their daily routines to notice magical moments and where possible, to create them. Further, she suggests recording these moments and creating a tradition of sharing them with family or friends. She reasons that when we notice magical moments, they remain with us as fond memories. When we create them, we create happiness. When we share them, we enable others to find the same magic and create their own memories. When we listen to others’ moments, we understand and connect with them better.

Further, in the book, she explores where, how and with whom magical moments are likely to occur. In the second half of the book, each chapter explores one relationship, location or act. These include family, friends, time spent alone, nature, magical legacies and serving others. She substantiates her point by including relevant stories (reflections of moments) written by numerous people. Finally, each chapter or section ends with questions directed at the readers, which are meant to make them reflect.

I chose to read this book because I thought it was an interesting concept. The first few pages, wherein she explains the meaning of magical moments were easy to read. However, thereafter, the book became increasingly difficult to read at one stretch. At times, I thought that the content wasn’t something unheard of. Quite often, I found myself thinking that the same basic point was being repeated chapter after chapter. Further, although the book seems to be for a wide range of audience, there were times when it seemed like the author expected the readers to be working and raising children. I had to read the book in many installments. However, after I finished reading the book, when I reflected upon its content, I knew that I could connect to and apply most of it. I realized that the book had, in fact, created a difference in my outlook towards life.

The book includes reflections by many different people, as they recollect their own magical moments. Many of these were inspiring to read and I think that these accounts play the most important role in convincing the reader. What I liked was the fact that these were written by people in different situations and in different parts of the world. This helped the author in proving two of her points – that magical moments can be experienced by anyone, and that sharing a magical moment can help others find magic in that moment and in their own moments.

In terms of language, the book is easy to understand and follow. Simple vocabulary and sentence structures have been used. I found a few grammatical errors in the reflections (by other people). These could have been corrected without changing the meaning or writing style. However, the errors were minor and did not interrupt my flow of reading. The book has been formatted well, with page breaks to separate chapters. Quotes and reflections are in italics. Overall, I think the language used in the book was effective and appropriate for the audience.

What I liked best about the book were the reflections it included. Without them, the book would seem informative and theoretical. The reflections made me believe that the ideas suggested by the author can, in fact, be implemented. What I liked least about the book was that certain sections were meant mostly for parents with young children. Many readers may not be able to relate to those sections.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. While it is not something that can be read in one sitting, it is something that can truly inspire and change the lives of the readers. The book has its flaws, but they can be overlooked because I think that the message is great and much needed. I would recommend this book to someone who is looking for an inspirational read, and who has the patience to read it in numerous installments. It is obvious that the author has put in a lot of effort into this book. She has inspired me, and I hope that she is able to inspire many others.

What's Your Magical Moment?
View: on Bookshelves

Like AA1495's review? Post a comment saying so!
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I love the idea of collecting magical moments. I'm not sure I'd be into reading a whole book on it but based on your review, I think it might make an excellent gift for my mother. I can see her really delving into it.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

CatInTheHat wrote:I love the idea of collecting magical moments. I'm not sure I'd be into reading a whole book on it but based on your review, I think it might make an excellent gift for my mother. I can see her really delving into it.
I hope she likes it! Thank You for your comments! ☺
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Such a unique and interesting concept for a book. I love the idea of slowing down and just focusing on the moment and your surroundings. I agree with author, in today's world we get so lost in routine and our daily lives that we forget about the small but important things. Such a professionally written and insightful review!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This definitely sounds like a book that many people I know should read. It's so easy to get caught up with life and being busy all the time and it really is important to just stop and breathe and take in life once in awhile. Great insightful review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Kdonegan91 wrote:Such a unique and interesting concept for a book. I love the idea of slowing down and just focusing on the moment and your surroundings. I agree with author, in today's world we get so lost in routine and our daily lives that we forget about the small but important things. Such a professionally written and insightful review!
Thank You so much! The book has some great advice! I hope you give it a chance! ☺

-- 25 Dec 2016, 12:52 --
CrescentMoon wrote:This definitely sounds like a book that many people I know should read. It's so easy to get caught up with life and being busy all the time and it really is important to just stop and breathe and take in life once in awhile. Great insightful review!
I agree completely! We all need to be reminded of this! Thank You so much! ☺
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: NOAH by Naazir Aram Musa

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I love this idea! The author's idea of "magical moments" sounds great to focus on. Thank you for the great review
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

anneloretrujillo wrote:I love this idea! The author's idea of "magical moments" sounds great to focus on. Thank you for the great review
It is a nice idea! I hope you give this book a chance! Thank You for the comment! ☺
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a wonderful read. It seems delightful, inspiring and totally encouraging. I would like to read about the 'magical moments' shared by other people. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Gina Kloes on such a wonderful book.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

That sounds like an interesting concept, to gather moments. I think that I would enjoy this book and could benefit from it. Thank you for the thorough review.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Insightsintobooks wrote:That sounds like an interesting concept, to gather moments. I think that I would enjoy this book and could benefit from it. Thank you for the thorough review.
I hope you give this book a chance then! I'm sure you'll gain something from it. Thank You for your comment! :D

-- 10 Jan 2017, 00:06 --
kimmyschemy06 wrote:Sounds like a wonderful read. It seems delightful, inspiring and totally encouraging. I would like to read about the 'magical moments' shared by other people. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Gina Kloes on such a wonderful book.
I hope you give the book a chance! It has a great message! Thank You for your comment! :D
Elaine5
Currently Reading: Great Expectations
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elaine5.html
Latest Review: "The pact with the Devil" by Robert J. DeLuca

Post by Elaine5 »

What an interesting book. I love the concept. The fact that you rated it 4 stars in spite of your challenges while reading it, tells me it's worth a try. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "The pact with the Devil" by Robert J. DeLuca

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”