Official Review: ARTHRITIS - The Best Thing That Ever Hap...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Re: Official Review: ARTHRITIS - The Best Thing That Ever Ha

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very helpful and informative book. I would have to agree with the others about the title, catchy and long :) Great job on the review. Congratulations to Phil Escott on such an obviously well written book.
NoRo9608
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NoRo9608 »

As the wife of a veteran in his early thirties who is already fighting arthritis, this book review immediately caught my attention. With the author being a man (and not his wife), I think this could be a book my husband could dive in to. Learning bits of knowledge from different sources is often times the best way to learn. Thank you for the review!
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

kimmyschemy06 wrote:Sounds like a very helpful and informative book. I would have to agree with the others about the title, catchy and long :) Great job on the review. Congratulations to Phil Escott on such an obviously well written book.
Thanks for reading my review, and for the kind words! :)

-- 12 Aug 2016, 10:46 --
NoRo9608 wrote:As the wife of a veteran in his early thirties who is already fighting arthritis, this book review immediately caught my attention. With the author being a man (and not his wife), I think this could be a book my husband could dive in to. Learning bits of knowledge from different sources is often times the best way to learn. Thank you for the review!
I am sorry about to hear about your husband. I, too, am a veteran in my thirties with arthritis, and I understand how frustrating it is to deal with this "old people's" condition at such a young age! I hope that your husband is able to find treatments that work well for him (if he hasn't already, and I agree that this book could be helpful to him. Thanks for reading my review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I'm reading your review as I'm sitting here thinking about how much my knees hurt. I will have to consider this book. I'm finding it hard to believe one can actually get rid of arthritis rather than manage it well. Interesting concept.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
bluemel4
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

Fantastic review. I like that you mentioned your personal connection to the topic. I have known people with arthritis that use alternative approaches successfully to manage their conditions. The majority don't like the side effects of most drugs.

Are the sources footnotes or directly within the text of the book?
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
LivreAmour217
Currently Reading:

Post by LivreAmour217 »

bluemel4 wrote:Fantastic review. I like that you mentioned your personal connection to the topic. I have known people with arthritis that use alternative approaches successfully to manage their conditions. The majority don't like the side effects of most drugs.

Are the sources footnotes or directly within the text of the book?
Thank for reading my review, Bluemel! To answer your question, the sources are mentioned within the text.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

Sounds very interesting. I may also be able to take something away from this book. Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
elanger333
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elanger333.html
Latest Review: "Roadblocks, the warning signs" by KENNETH H B ADDERLEY

Post by elanger333 »

Thank you! I'm an acupuncturist and chiropractor, and I am curious to read this. It might be something for me to put in my waiting room so I can share it with people. I know people with psoriatic arthritis, and they could benefit from something like this. Keeping a positive attitude is difficult, but it's very important for managing chronic pain.
Latest Review: "Roadblocks, the warning signs" by KENNETH H B ADDERLEY
LivreAmour217
Currently Reading:

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Amh73090 wrote:Sounds very interesting. I may also be able to take something away from this book. Thanks for the great review.
Thank you for reading my review! I hope this book is helpful to you!

-- 26 Aug 2016, 16:17 --
elanger333 wrote:Thank you! I'm an acupuncturist and chiropractor, and I am curious to read this. It might be something for me to put in my waiting room so I can share it with people. I know people with psoriatic arthritis, and they could benefit from something like this. Keeping a positive attitude is difficult, but it's very important for managing chronic pain.
Thanks for stopping by, Elanger! I think that you might find this book to be very helpful for you and your patients!
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

This looks like a very informative book. I have a sister who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and I'm going to recommend this to her based on your review. Thanks :D
LivreAmour217
Currently Reading:

Post by LivreAmour217 »

lily_kh87 wrote:This looks like a very informative book. I have a sister who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and I'm going to recommend this to her based on your review. Thanks :D
Thanks for reading my review! I hope that this book helps your sister!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”