Official Review: 52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give U...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jeffallen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">VALIS</a>
Currently Reading: Dandalion Wine
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffallen.html
Latest Review: "52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze" by Ryan Jerome

Official Review: 52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give U...

Post by jeffallen »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze" by Ryan Jerome.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book was written for me! I am a German from Wisconsin, so the love of beer is in my DNA. I am also 56 years of age, and a sad fact of life is I cannot drink alcohol the way I used to. The older I get, the easier it is for me to get a hangover. Oh, where is the humanity? Ryan Jerome’s book, 52 Hangover Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze, just might be my salvation.

Ryan tackles the evil issues of hangover avoidance at the source – our bodies’ physiology. This brilliantly and entertaining written book breaks down how our body processes alcohol and details the food and nutritional supplements that our bodies require to process alcohol properly without resulting in a hangover the next morning. There are also detox recipes for before and after drinking alcohol, and even how to start your next day to insure your body and mind feel no ill effects.

My wife is a naturopathic doctor and after reading Ryan’s book rejoiced, “this diet is for me”. Who could not love a diet plan that includes alcohol, without hangovers, and results in actually losing weight at the same time boosting cognitive functions? After all, tackling issues at the source is what naturopaths do. Please note that she is not, nor does Ryan, endorse alcohol abuse. My wife, like many people, likes to drink socially and after a long week to enjoy the weekend. Ryan’s system seems to be a way to keep our weekend fun and still keep our bodies and mind healthy. Even if you don’t drink alcohol, I believe this book to be full of good healthy information that can improve one’s health.

The book lists many case studies of happy people now hangover free. At this time, my wife and I cannot verify Ryan’s system works for us. We have created and purchased our shopping list of necessary supplements and groceries and our now stocked up and ready for our weekend. If it works, Ryan will be my write in vote for president come November.

I give 52 Hangover Free Weekends 4 out of 4 stars because it is well written, the information regarding antioxidants, detoxing and inflammation is valuable to everyone, and Ryan writes with a sense of humor that made it a very enjoyable read. The scientific and medical data all seem well researched and sound, but he does not list his sources which I think would have been a good idea. At the end of the book, Ryan offers a free toolkit that helped him lose 54lbs, boost energy, beat cravings, prevented hangovers, and burned off his beer belly. Now what could be better than that?

52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like jeffallen's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze" by Ryan Jerome
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I'll have to check this one out! Nice review!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
derekstvp
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derekstvp.html

Post by derekstvp »

Wow nice ranking. Reminds me of the HANGOVER movie. hahaha
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a book for regular drinkers and occasional drinkers who have a really hard time dealing with hangover. Well, I think that would be almost everyone :D Great job on the review. Congratulations to Ryan Jerome on such an obviously well written book.
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

I can honestly say that I don't miss my drinking days. But the taste of a cold beer after a very long time is always good. Sounds like a fun book to read with many things to laugh at.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”