Official Review: The Last Damn Diet by Julie Pech

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dina s
Currently Reading: Taken - A Many Lives Story
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: The Last Damn Diet by Julie Pech

Post by dina s »

love the review and very interested in reading this. I have gained some weight in the past few yrs and need something to help me stay positive and try to get it off. Thank you
jungkookblog
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jungkookblog.html

Post by jungkookblog »

Great review. Congratulations on losing 100lbs! That's a big number. This is a great book for whoever wants to lose weight.
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

Great and honest review. I'm not usually into dieting books but this one sounds interesting especially since the holidays are here. Congrats on being BOTD!
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: NOAH by Naazir Aram Musa

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I don't generally read diet books. I'm actually very against them. However, this seems like a great diet book, because it doesn't seem to have any of the parts I'm against. Great job on the review!
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

The last Damn Diet has been written for me...i guess. Being a food Nutritionist this one interests me a lot. Congrats on being the BOTD.
PJ_Lea
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by PJ_Lea »

Great review from someone who obviously has good knowledge of diets (as do I, having lost and gained). I like the idea of the toolbox at the end of each chapter that shows the costs involved, something that is important to a lot of us.
AuthorSLloyd
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by AuthorSLloyd »

What a glorious review!
A new way of thinking about the food we eat and our lifestyle is always welcome. Add to that the effect our choices have on our psyche and it can only have a positive impact. I have downloaded a copy.
Thanks ?
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Good job on the review :) Although this book has gotten 4 out of 4 stars, after reading a few pages I struggled to find anything that sets this book apart from the millions of other diet books out there, I like reading and learning about the human body and nutrition but unfortunately, I don't think this book is for me.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Another great review! I don't usually read diet books, but this one seems to have good tips on healthy eating habits and exercise, which I know I could use! Congratulations to the author for receiving such a positive review!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

It's really refreshing to know that this book doesn't focus on the latest fad diet as I was worried this would be one of those type of books. I'm glad you liked it so much. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Love your review! It has been a long time since I've read a diet book because honestly I'd given up hope that they could tell me anything new. I know exactly what you mean when you say how quickly the day gets away from you if you've already eaten bad that day, it's like oh well I'll just be better tomorrow, might as well get it out of my system today. Then you feel like crap for cheating and roundvand round it goes. I can practically feel your enthusiasm for this book and will definitely be reading it. It's free today as well so yay! Thank you so much for sharing. Your review as well as your personal experiences.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
chrisann2780
Favorite Author: Colleen Coble
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrisann2780.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 5369

Post by chrisann2780 »

I have been wanting this book for myself.....finally enjoyed this excellent review, and grabbing this book offered for free! Thanks to the author for this bonus. Congrats on having been picked as BOTD. really looking forward to checking it out in depth.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I actually bought this a few months ago...haven't read it yet. I'm glad I read your review. It tells me that this book just may help me. I have about 200 lbs to lose and I want to do it without resorting to surgery. Maybe this book will be my turning point. Thanks for the very informative review. You just may have changed someone's life. :-)
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

Looking forward to reading this. It sounds interesting. Thank you.
TMR-Virtual Oracle
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tmr-virtual-oracle.html

Post by TMR-Virtual Oracle »

Thank you so much for such an open and honest review. I am looking forward to reading this book, since I myself have fallen off the wagon when it comes to a proper diet and a proper eating lifestyle. Maybe I will get the motivation that I need to dust off the treadmill and start the healthy regimen again.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”