Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cdurantc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly

Post by cdurantc »

"Killing Lincoln" is a great page turner- I could not put it down. O'Reilly and Ducard give a great account of the life and final days of President Lincoln and his assassin. The story is historic yet reads like a novel. Great for anyone who enjoys politics and history, but finds it difficult to read non-fiction. :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat:
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

cdurantc wrote:"Killing Lincoln" is a great page turner- I could not put it down. O'Reilly and Ducard give a great account of the life and final days of President Lincoln and his assassin. The story is historic yet reads like a novel. Great for anyone who enjoys politics and history, but finds it difficult to read non-fiction. :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat:
I have not read this book though I have been aware of it for quite a while. At the suggestion of my accountant I have read Killing Jesus by the same authors and found it to be an extraordinarily detailed summation of that event as well as the surrounding history of the subject matter and the history of the region. As I recall the authors stated when certain points they were making were conjecture. This helped me to accept the validity of that which was not classified as such.

Thanks for reminding me to look into this book. I am a great fan of Lincoln and if Killing Lincoln is as good as the book mentioned above I'm sure I would enjoy it.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”