Achieve your Dreams by Scott.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
j p gilbert
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-p-gilbert.html
Latest Review: "An ABC of Prostate Cancer in 2015" by Alan G Lawrenson
fav_author_id: 4949

Achieve your Dreams by Scott.

Post by j p gilbert »

Scott, the webmaster of onlinebookclub.org, has recently released his new ebook Achieve Your Dreams. At present, the book is free to download and is available on Amazon.

Written from experience, Scott motivates his readership into action. He discusses the issue of how people spend the time they have available. He emphasises that to achieve something then action must be taken. He points out that most of the time action is not taken.

I have read many books on procrastination and most are bloated by a word count. There is no room for that is Scott’s book. It is straight talking and to the point. “If you want something, do something about it, otherwise the something you want won’t be yours.”

In many short ebooks, I find they are just a marketing piece to another book. Scott does link to another book, but in this instance it is perfectly in line with the nature of this ebook. In fact, it is a perfect way to start taking action.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as the message is clear and it’s easy to read in one sitting. If you are finding reasons to not do something – do this. Grab a copy; it’s a small step, but a good one.
Some say our future is written, mine must be in invisible ink.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read the book and liked it. I agree with you and rated it 4 out of 4 stars as well.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
j p gilbert
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-p-gilbert.html
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by j p gilbert »

I do hope the book goes #1
Some say our future is written, mine must be in invisible ink.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

A really amazing book! Very short but substantial. Congratulations, Scott! Good luck on your book.
Ann_Kram
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ann_Kram »

Short and Sweet. A boost of hope for those already failing at their New Years resolutions [ME!!] :oops:

On January first, my Facebook newsfeed was flooded with inspirational posts about the coming success of this year. My good friend Amanda posted, “What would I ACTUALLY want to accomplish if I only had one year left to live…there’s nothing you can’t accomplish in one year if you want it bad enough.“ I was determined, excited, and felt alive. Alas, January 2nd rolled around and already my self-doubt was smothering the endorphins that only one day before had told me I was capable of anything.

Why am I so quick to assume failure when just the journey of trying towards my goals makes life worth living? What am I so afraid of and how do I kick this fear.

Scott Hughes eBook could not have come at a better time.

‘Achieve Your Dreams’ discusses why the masses don’t achieve their passions…an agonizing and mysterious conundrum that leads to self blame and hate. Hughes opens his explanation with an intimate and specific question, “what is your goal?” Immediately I get the sense that this eBook was written for me. I am someone who obsesses over the inner struggle of wanting to achieve my dreams, yet does not move forward. Hughes opens my eyes to the reality that I am one of many, and he explains it as “physically capable but psychologically incapable”. Hughes eBook caters to many, and his voice makes the reader feel like it was written for them.

Most inspirational books are so long we spend more time reading them than using the inspiration to work on our passions. This book was a short reflection of why I have negative feelings, and how to debunk those feelings. A pat on the back, a “YOU CAN DO IT”, and a firm kick in the tuchus. Happy New Year! :gay-rainbow:

I read ‘Achieve Your Dreams: Why You Don’t And How You Can’ in under an hour.
eunice2868
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice2868.html

Post by eunice2868 »

Achieve Your Dreams by Scott Hughes is a highly recommended book to be placed right in front of me on my work station! This book may look small but the message is very powerful and inspiring. I am personally touched! Very often my dreams always remain as in Dreams but not in Reality. I absolutely agree with Scott on this point - i am indeed physically capable but psychologically incapable.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius.

My 2016 resolution is -
Stop day-dreaming but >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ACT NOW !
:) <3
Deee
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 18984">The Two Towers</a>
Currently Reading: Second Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 1417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deee.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Deee »

A very inspirational read. Great job Scott!

4 out of 4 stars. :-)
"But to find out the truth about how dreams die, one should never take the word of the dreamer."

Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye.
cheryltkn
Currently Reading: Dark Wolf
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryltkn.html
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin

Post by cheryltkn »

Achieve Your Dreams by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

The introduction to this self-help book is a brief story about a 15-year-old boy who doesn’t get his dream of joining his high school basketball team and gives up his dream of becoming a professional player because of that one stumbling block. Later in the book, he discusses the success of another player who was not chosen to play on his high school team and went on to play as a professional.

It begins by explaining the problem that most of us have with success and why putting a lot of the blame on the care and loving hopes for the future of our parents and teachers. The writers clearly want us to understand that the blame is a product of the caring that these significant people have for us and our future survival.

There was also some discussion of the role that bullying and that type of mentality, especially in today’s society, as a factor in keeping us from reaching the “top step”. The top step is what the fulfillment of our dream was labeled.

There are a lot of us who know that ‘self-help’ books really can help. This is one of those books that tell us it’s okay to dream and just as okay to seek to fulfill those dreams. Most of us know this already, but having that concept reiterated in this kind of writing is valuable because we sometimes need the encouragement, or maybe we often need the encouragement. The authors refer to their own lives and experiences to relate their form of encouragement. The lesson being taught and the encouragement being offered are worthy of being written about.

The writing is expressive and easy to read. For the most part, I enjoyed the book and it was a fast read though I did find it somewhat preachy in places. There were also a few minor tandems that left me lost for a few moments, and I don’t know what the credentials of the writers are but I wonder if they have any psychology credentials at all because of the simplicity of the language.

I thought about giving this book a 3, mostly because of the simplicity but after further consideration, I am giving it a 4 out of 4 because it is easy to read and the message it expounds is one that needs to be expressed again and again.
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I'm really excited to start reading it! I not only just now got my own copy, but I also just joined Kindle Unlimited!! Super excited about both! Thank you!!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”