Official Review: Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cranej80
Currently Reading: love your life not theirs
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cranej80.html
Latest Review: "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty

Post by cranej80 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I recently read Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty by Lilly Robbins Brock; which is a cookbook using produce from your garden and turning it into a gift for others. Around this time of year, the season of giving. I am always baking to give to neighbors, family, and friends. I finished reading this book and starting my review as I am baking for the holidays. I enjoy having it as another resource to use for gift giving.

The book covers many different items including breads, seasonings, butters, jams, sauces and many more. The book is organized in a way that it is easy to find recipes to your liking with a large variety. The author also includes many pictures throughout the book of the recipes. I like to be able to see what I am making and how it should look if all goes well. The recipes are fairly easy and use common ingredients which makes it very appealing to try the recipes without having to spend a lot of money on uncommon ingredients.

Every year I plant a garden and I always seem to have more zucchini than one person can handle. I give some away, eat some, along with freeze or can some. I am so excited to try some of the recipes in this book like: Savory Cornbread Zucchini & Cheddar Cheese Muffins, Herbal Croutons, and Chive and Parsley Butter. There are many more I will try; but these are just the first on my list.

Like the author of this book I have some family and friends that return their jars and get a new full jar. It brings so much joy to the one receiving the goods, as well as the one giving the goods. Every time I ask my sister what she would like for a holiday or a payback she always replies, "Some more of your canned goodies."

The only negative I have about the book is that I prefer to have all the canning instructions together in one recipe. Instead of having to refer to another book or resource. I know that canning times vary depending on location but I prefer to have a starting time then adjusting for my altitude.

I give the book a 4 out of 4 stars. I will be using it as I continue to can and share my bounty with others in the years to come. I really enjoyed reading a book about the hobbies that I enjoy. I would recommend this book to anyone who plants a garden, loves giving, or likes to cook. One small warning this book will leave you hungry.

Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cranej80's review? Post a comment saying so!
lillybrock62
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lillybrock62 »

Thank you cranej80 for your excellent review. I hope you have an opportunity to use the book and make your own food creations. If you ever have a personal book that you need reviewed, please let me know. I will be happy to do so.

All the best to you in the coming new year,

Lilly Robbins Brock
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

Yum. Sounds like a useful book. It would be fun to try making some of these items and giving them to friends. I'll keep this book in mind. Great review!
cranej80
Currently Reading: love your life not theirs
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cranej80.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by cranej80 »

lillybrock62 wrote:Thank you cranej80 for your excellent review. I hope you have an opportunity to use the book and make your own food creations. If you ever have a personal book that you need reviewed, please let me know. I will be happy to do so.

All the best to you in the coming new year,

Lilly Robbins Brock
Thank you for the kind words. I am so excited to try some of the recipes. Now that the holidays are over and things are getting back to normal I will start cooking more for fun.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”