Official Review: I Blame Dennis Hopper by Ileana Douglas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fernwehgypsey
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernwehgypsey.html

Official Review: I Blame Dennis Hopper by Ileana Douglas

Post by fernwehgypsey »

Ileana Douglas is spunky, wry, and sarcastic and clutch your side funny in I Blame Dennis Hopper. The author beguiles readers with tales of growing up with a straight-laced father turned hippie and a stay at home mother. Her father watched the movie Easy Rider with Dennis Hopper, and changed the family home into a hippie commune. Her mother had to get a job as a teacher, “Because we’re poor now”. She blamed Dennis Hopper for this and as an escape began to spend more time with her grandfather, the actor Melvyn Douglas. She frequently accompanied him on movie sets and Ileana Douglas eventually went to acting school. Ileana detailed her comedic struggles of trying to ‘make it’ in the glittery land of Hollywood. I respected her so much more after reading her literary work of art. I recommend it to anyone who believes in the glitz and glam of Hollywood. This book is an eyeopener.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”