Official Review: Kidnapped for a Lifetime by Robert Castro

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chytach18-
Favorite Author: John Fowles
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3">Strange Case of Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde</a>
Currently Reading: Dark Corners
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chytach18.html
Latest Review: "Smiling Exercises, and Other Stories" by Dan Malakin
fav_author_id: 2947

Re: Official Review: Kidnapped for a Lifetime by Robert Cast

Post by chytach18- »

Thank you, anonanemone.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

Well written review, with interesting choice of words. :)
chytach18-
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3">Strange Case of Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde</a>

Post by chytach18- »

Thanks, Ananya.
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Post by hannahbm13 »

It is very interesting to see another person's review, since I myself reviewed this book. It seems we do have many of the same opinions about the book! For example, the author claims he filmed "Empire" with Andy Warhol. But when looked up, I found that the cameraman is actually named Jonas Mekas. There was another scene in the book that described a murder, and it almost sounded like a scene from a scifi or fantasy book, the way he jumped off walls and decapitated a man. Some of those facts made it hard to believe anything that was said. I would really be interested to see what you have to say in response to this post :)
blue4cat
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by blue4cat »

I never heard of Jonas Mekas. Are we talking about the same movie? "Empire State Building" was an eight hour movie of the front of the building, that's all it was. I tried looking it up but could not find a record of it. Where did you find it? blue4cat

-- 06 Dec 2015, 14:07 --

I never heard of Jonas Mekas. Are we talking about the same movie? "Empire State Building" was an eight hour movie of the front of the building, that's all it was. I tried looking it up but could not find a record of it. Where did you find it? blue4cat

hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html

Post by hannahbm13 »

I just googled " 'Empire' by Andy Warhol" and it came up from multiple sources. On IMBd I went to Empire (1964) and it credits him as the cinematographer. I'm sorry if I got the information confused, it could very well have been a mistake on my part :) @blue4cat
Rebekkah45
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rebekkah45 »

I find it implausible that anyone who has read this book would believe it was factual. The stories are truly outlandish and do not add up. There isn't a way possible that the author could have, by accident, met so many famous people and been the founder of so many things. Or.....maybe Robert is Forrest Gump??? The author also supposedly had so many degrees and talents that it would take someone who was older than 24 when "kidnapped" to accomplish it all. Also, why is it "no one cares" about Robert's true heritage? If this book was based on actual facts and a crime truly had been committed, someone WOULD care. This book is a bizarre, rambling writing of a seemingly delusional person. Please get help Robert
chytach18-

Post by chytach18- »

Thank you, Rebekkah, for your thoughts on Robert Castro`s book. When I was reading the book I thought he was either needing help or he was playing foolish with us. I still don`t know which one is true. Only Robert knows.
H0LD0Nthere
Favorite Book: Til We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-h0ld0nthere.html
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard

Post by H0LD0Nthere »

Thanks for this great review. It actually made me chuckle. How did he become an international spy expert when confined to a crib with polio?

I just had to check out this one because all your other recent reviews gave 4 out of 4 stars. I had to see what it would take for you to give a book 1 star. Now I know!
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard
chytach18-

Post by chytach18- »

Thank you, holdonthere. I prefer to rate the book as high as I can. being an author myself, I know what hard job the writing is. However, we have to be honest. If the book is unreadable, it is unreadable.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”