Official Review: A Heartfelt Thank You to My Intelligent ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
VanessaB16
Favorite Author: Harper Lee
Currently Reading: Rivals In The City
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessab16.html
Latest Review: "A Heartfelt Thank You to My Intelligent Designer" by Francis T. Sganga
fav_author_id: 2399

Official Review: A Heartfelt Thank You to My Intelligent ...

Post by VanessaB16 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Heartfelt Thank You to My Intelligent Designer" by Francis T. Sganga.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“I became increasingly aware of the awesomeness and majesty of our Universe, and the miraculous existence of the millions of fauna and flora spread out across the vast expanse of our home planet, Earth.”

A Heart-felt Thank You to My Intelligent Designer - All about the Wonders, Mysteries and Miracles in Life by Francis T. Sganga is an inspiring and eyeopening book about the miracles and gifts from the Creator. This non-fiction book discusses the controversial topic of creation from both a scientific and religious point of view. Readers embark on a journey of realization that opens one’s eyes to the blessings and beauty of life. This science teacher’s insightful opinions will allow readers to gain a higher appreciation for the things we often take for granted.

Francis T. Sganga is a 94 year old man from Brooklyn New York. He spent three and a half years serving the army in World War II but now spends his days playing competitive raquetball three times a week and rides a Silver Star motorcycle. Saganga has dedicated most of his adult life to helping and teaching young children and adults. After several years of working as a chemistry and physics teacher, he went on to open his own learning centre where he tutored students of all ages, including teachers, in science and mathematics. A Heart-felt Thank You to My Intelligent Designer is an uplifting novel discussing the miracles of life and the 5 senses, the power of words and music, and the value of your individual opinions and pleasures.

This empowering story teaches readers the miracle of life. The author explains his experience within a classroom witnessing the growth of a chick in an egg. He goes on to explain that he believes that it is a beautiful miracle how a small fertilized egg the size of a dot can turn into a baby chick in only 21 days. Sganga also shows great appreciation to the 5 senses. He shines light on the value of the under appreciated senses by challenging readers to go without them for a certain amount of time. After attempting to walk around my house with my eyes closed, Sganga has helped me develop a overwhelming gratitude to sight. Another large topic the author discusses in his book is the necessity for individuality and pleasures. Without the senses, humans would not be able to survive, but without pleasure, the enjoyment of life could not be fulfilled.

I thoroughly enjoyed the introduction to the book. I felt as though the author was speaking to the reader as though they were a friend he had known for years. I also really enjoyed the scientific insight the author brought to the book. There were many diagrams and pictures the author added to ensure readers understood what he was discussing. Though, I did not enjoy how many times the author wrote “Google it” in his work. I feel as though he could have expanded more on the subject rather than encouraging readers to put their reading to a halt and use Google to understand the topic.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I feel that the book was very inspiring and encouraging. This novel allows readers to think about questions regarding creation and teach them to live each day as though it is their last. Each chapter introduced a new topic and a new idea to think about. A good book leaves readers thinking, and I believe that this novel did a great job at getting readers to think outside the box.

A Heartfelt Thank You to My Intelligent Designer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like VanessaB16's review? Post a comment saying so!
"And what shoulder, & what art. Could twist the sinews of thy heart?"
Latest Review: "A Heartfelt Thank You to My Intelligent Designer" by Francis T. Sganga
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

You do a fantastic job of capturing the essence of the book. My interest has definitely been piqued. I also love the title of the book. This certainly does sound like an inspiring book to make you truly appreciate life.
peprica21
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peprica21.html
Latest Review: "The Bone Whisperer" by D.S. Allen

Post by peprica21 »

I enjoyed reading your review. You made this topic sound interesting. I especially liked how the author suggest not using a certain sense and experience what it's like to be without senses we take for granted. Thank you for your review!
Latest Review: "The Bone Whisperer" by D.S. Allen
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Thank you for this wonderfully detailed review! You've definitely sold me on this book, and I look forward to reading it!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Wow! This author sounds like an amazing person. Great review!
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

Wow Vanessa B, you did a good job with this review. I must admit, the "Google it" part of this novel sounds a bit comedic and it would be hard for me to take this book seriously.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

This sounds like an inspiring book, but I'm wondering how religious it is or if it could appeal to a less religious audience.
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

Cute avatar gaporter!
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

Thanks! I wish I could say it's my own cat, though

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”