What if? by Randall Munroe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ParoxysmOfLove_3
Bookshelf Size: 0

What if? by Randall Munroe

Post by ParoxysmOfLove_3 »

Before I start the review I would just like to mention that the full title of the novel is What if? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions, it simply did not fit in the subject line.

This novel was, in my opinion, amazing and has become one of my favourite non-fiction books. It combines comedy and serious scientific answers perfectly providing both a funny and knowledgeable experience whilst reading. I cannot even begin to explain the amount of information I learnt and will now use in my daily conversations, annoying everyone I talk to by constantly saying things like, "Did you know it would be possible to live on a planet like the Little Prince does in 'The Little Prince' but you face the danger of running off and escaping into orbit?", or "Did you know if you wanted to boil a cup of water with kinetic energy you'd have to drop it from higher than the top of the atmosphere and therefore you cannot heat a cup of tea by stirring it alone?". A very insightful read that will potentially make you smarter whilst simultaneously make you laugh, What if? is a great novel that I would highly recommend to those of you who either love science-y type books, to those of you who enjoy non-fiction novels, or to those of you who simply want to enhance their did-you-know knowledge like myself.
bookstra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bookstra »

I completely agree! It's one of the best books to get answers to absurd questions, would recommend it to everybody.
ph1phin3
Currently Reading: The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ph1phin3.html

Post by ph1phin3 »

Definitely a great coffee-table-type read for a nerd like me.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”