Official Review: Passive Income with Blogging by Raj Patel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Official Review: Passive Income with Blogging by Raj Patel

Post by SharisseEM »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Passive Income with Blogging" by Raj Patel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Passive Income with Blogging is pretty much what the title suggests. It’s about earning an income through blogging though I wouldn’t quit my day job if I were you. Not unless you make enough from it to pay off the bills and to support the family. Still, it’s like working from home and who doesn’t want that? I know I do.

I will admit that this is my first time reviewing a non-fiction book especially when it’s not about novel writing. It’s something I would normally never choose to read except…I’ve been rather interested in starting my own blog. But I’m not one to jump head first into something major without doing a fair amount of research.

Fortunately, there are plenty of blog posts that talk about setting up your own blog and it offers advice from bloggers themselves. Unfortunately though, after weeks of researching, I was still uncertain so seeing this eBook, I figured, why not? Just one last bit of research wouldn’t hurt. You know, just to be safe. After all, the author is a seasoned blogger and this is a BOOK about blogging, not a post. And I’m thankful I read it. I almost made a big mistake, thinking I had read enough about blogging to know better.

In this one-stop guide for newbie bloggers or those interested in blogging but have no idea where to start, Raj Patel offers his advice from his own experience as a blogger. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything and pretty much tells it like it is from the beginning. An example of this is when he talks about choosing a profitable niche and that while everyone would want to write to his or her passion, “There has to be a demand for what is being writer, or else the blog will never be successful.” Harsh, but true.

This eBook is extremely informative and I wish I’d seen it first instead of spending weeks googling about blogging. It’s split up into different topics and then into sub-topics making it both easy to read and understand, with information being simplified enough to require only one paragraph each. It guides you from the research phase of blogging to earning money through various ways and means such as advertising, and even talks about the dreaded writer’s block. There are plenty of do’s and don’ts that are accompanied by examples. Admittedly, it could do with a couple of illustrations to accompany the examples.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It’s short, sweet and simple but deals with every bit about blogging that a newbie should know. The examples make it easy to understand and there’s plenty of advice inside it as well. There are books upon books out there about blogging but this is as concise as it gets and yet, chock full of information. The reason I didn’t give it a full rating is because it could do with some illustrations on how to do certain things like creating a newsletter for example. Still, I recommend this book to those who are interested in starting a blog but don’t have a starting point or those who have only just started. I’m thankful I came across this book.

Passive Income with Blogging
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like SharisseEM's review? Post a comment saying so!
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Sounds interesting. Great advice about writing what people want to read rather than just writing your passion. Hopefully you can still be passionate about a subject people are interested in reading.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
fav_author_id: 3312

Post by SharisseEM »

Rachaelamb1 wrote:Sounds interesting. Great advice about writing what people want to read rather than just writing your passion. Hopefully you can still be passionate about a subject people are interested in reading.
Thankfully, I'm one of the lucky ones. I can write to my passion and what people want to read.
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
JordanNickel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JordanNickel »

I may get this book. I started a blog back when I was 18 and now have my own domain that is simply name and no longer a .blogspot address.

Thanks for the review.
Michelle-lit
Currently Reading: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-lit.html
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor

Post by Michelle-lit »

Thanks for the review. I also started a blog just recently and am getting a little discouraged. I might have to pick this book up.
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”