Official Review: The Audacious Human by Sajith Buvi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amheiser
Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Official Review: The Audacious Human by Sajith Buvi

Post by Amheiser »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Audacious Human" by Sajith Buvi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Audacious Human is a non-fiction book written by Sajith Buvi who says there is only one truth, the ultimate truth of life and God, and the only way to experience the ultimate truth is by experiencing the wholeness of the universe. In this book Buvi lays out very logical steps to help any person, who honestly seeks the truth, to understand and overcome conflicts and contradictions in their search for this experience. Buvi says the conflicts and contradictions in the world are created by people with preconceived ideas of religion and in order for everyone to realize this they should honestly seek the ultimate truth. He says that to be an honest seeker of the truth, a human must be audacious, or in simpler terms, bold and courageous. He says an honest seeker is one who has no preconceived ideas as to what will be found and also keeps an open mind.

Buvi says that original teachings of religions were under the direct supervision of the original teachers and were perceived in the right context. He says that none of the original teachers talked of or started religions; people started religions. The interpretations of many religions, though, have been diluted, and in some cases distorted, from the original teachings to suit different peoples’ ideas of religion. Buvi says that the conflicts and contradictions in religions are a result of people who study only one religion and apply the standards and traditions of that religion to evaluate all other religions. He says that the foremost duty of religions is to get the soul closer to God, but too many religious leaders today have their own agendas and interpret religious teachings to support them. He says religions should be the solution to world problems as opposed to being the cause of conflicts and explains how all religions are basically the same.

I learned a lot from this book and I really hope that a lot of other people will read this book because I think there is a lot of religious conflict in the world and maybe if more people thought about religion as Buvi explains it in this book then there could be peace in the world. I agree with Buvi that people should be exposed to many different religions and try to understand how the controversies developed.

There were quite a few grammatical errors in this book such as using plural nouns with singular verbs or vice versa, and the sentence structure was different from regular English language usage in some places so the meaning of the sentence wasn’t clear. One example of this was where ‘maybe not’ was written as ‘may be or nor may not be’ so it was a little difficult to read at times.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would like to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I think the content is something that everybody should think about, but because of the amount of editing that needs to be done, I have to give it only a 3. The book is very well laid out with explanations of how a person can come to understand the author’s contentions that all religions are basically the same and shouldn’t be the cause of conflict in the world. I hope this book does get edited because I think it has an important message that everyone should read about.

The Audacious Human
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Amheiser's review? Post a comment saying so!
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

Hmm, it sounds like the book is dealing with an interesting concept. Nice review.
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
Playitalready
Bookshelf Size: 1
Publishing Contest Votes: 242

Post by Playitalready »

debo9967 wrote:Hmm, it sounds like the book is dealing with an interesting concept. Nice review.
It is good to see there are people out there interested in the bigger topics. Too bad it seems to me most people are not that interested in my book since it is also about the bigger topics like this book is.
Amheiser

Post by Amheiser »

Thank you for your positive posts on this review. This was a very interesting book to read and it was laid out in a logical, progressive way to help the reader follow the author's line of thinking. It has made me look at things differently now and it was a positive experience. I hope that more people will read this book.
I would be interested in reading more on this subject or similar subjects. If you can suggest other books that I might be interested in, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Playitalready

Post by Playitalready »

Amheiser wrote:Thank you for your positive posts on this review. This was a very interesting book to read and it was laid out in a logical, progressive way to help the reader follow the author's line of thinking. It has made me look at things differently now and it was a positive experience. I hope that more people will read this book.
I would be interested in reading more on this subject or similar subjects. If you can suggest other books that I might be interested in, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Based on what I read in this review, the book REAL EDUCATION! WITH SCIENTIFIC AND SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING would be a great next step. let me know if i was right.
Amheiser

Post by Amheiser »

Thank you for your suggestion, Playitalready. The book you suggested sounds interesting. I will look into it. Is it one of your books? Another book that a friend is reading is, The Imaginary War Between Science and God. I think I would like to add that one to my reading list also.
Playitalready

Post by Playitalready »

Sorry for the delay, my original post was not approved, and now i will keep this one short to avoid another disapproval.
Yes it is one of mines. It is the revised version of a longer book I did. I have no plans to write again, but I do wish to share what I learned with others at least since I did the work now. I may make more videos though because that gets views and likes.
The title of that other book you just mentioned sounds interesting too and it may agree with my book to some degree. But my book sounds like the next level for you, based on the book you just reviewed, and even its author sounds like his background is similar to that of my parents. I will wait for your review on my book on here, or wherever you prefer to post.
Playitalready

Post by Playitalready »

I posted my 2nd reply but if you do not get it it is likely cause it is getting disapproved and not because i am ignoring you. i look forward to your review.

-- 08 Mar 2015, 21:07 --

looks like my above post got instant approval. cool. my 2nd reply should have come before it but hopefully it comes after this.
Amheiser

Post by Amheiser »

Playitalready wrote:Sorry for the delay, my original post was not approved, and now i will keep this one short to avoid another disapproval.
Yes it is one of mines. It is the revised version of a longer book I did. I have no plans to write again, but I do wish to share what I learned with others at least since I did the work now. I may make more videos though because that gets views and likes.
The title of that other book you just mentioned sounds interesting too and it may agree with my book to some degree. But my book sounds like the next level for you, based on the book you just reviewed, and even its author sounds like his background is similar to that of my parents. I will wait for your review on my book on here, or wherever you prefer to post.
I will take your advice Playitalready and read your book next before my friend's book. Thank you for suggesting it.
Playitalready

Post by Playitalready »

Great. Take your time, it was pretty ambitious, and believe it or not, this is the newer, shortened version. Sorry if it sounds odd or offensive. It shouldn't, but different people sometimes have different understandings of it, sometimes getting the exact opposite message that was intended lol. Its author's name should be showing as A.Sood

-- 15 Mar 2015, 20:34 --

Just checking you didn't forget, and if there's any time to expect when you'd start, regarding the review, so I don't bother you again. I'm avoiding editing the review because I figure you'd review it and I hope that was a wise decision. Thanks

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”