41: Portrait of my Father by George W Bush

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
runwright
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runwright.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

41: Portrait of my Father by George W Bush

Post by runwright »

G.H.W. Bush held a lot of high government and diplomatic positions,he did some impressive things in business, he was a strong athlete and he was a great father and family man – it takes a good father to raise a strong son and the fact that his sons have gone on to be President #43 and state Governors, speaks to the job he’s done in his personal life. Even the son concedes his father isn’t perfect and he points out some of his gaffs – political and personal – but rather than being detracting, it shows him as more personable. I might not have necessarily agreed with his politics all the time but 41 is not a political book. Instead, it talks about Father Bush’s character and strength and emotion and love. And it turns out GHWB wrote thousands of handwritten notes to people he met all over, which is hands down, one of my favorite things about a person.

If you liked the Bush presidencies, or even if you didn’t and you’re objective enough to look for what you might have missed previously, this is a great read.
Cstansell2199
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cstansell2199.html

Post by Cstansell2199 »

Good to know. I actually just came across this book in my local library the other day and put it on my list. It's always enjoyable to learn more of the behind-the-scenes facts about people.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”