Bossypants by Tina Fey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gabry79
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabry79.html

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Post by gabry79 »

I just finished listening to the audiobook. I particularly encourage listening to this vs reading it since it's read by Tina Fey and her delivery adds to the fun of it. But this is not just a funny book ( I definitely found myself laughing out loud many times!) it also has some very interesting insights on gender equality and work ethics in general which makes it a good read for women and men alike. I started this book as a fan of Tina Fey, I liked her at SNL and I loved 30 rocks, but this book left me with an admiration I didn't have before. She is smart and she has worked hard to be where she is. I never realized all the works that goes into writing, producing and being in a show. I mean, it's no salt mines of course, but it is still a lot more work than we imagine. I would love to have her as my friend or my boss. I would not want to be on her bad side however.
I am looking forward to read or listen to Amy Poehler's book next and compare the two.
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

I have this book on my to read list. I have heard great things about it. I am not sure If I would want to listen to the audiobook first though. However, if Tina Fey is narrating her own book it does make it a bit more interesting. I may give it a try! OMG. Tiny Fey is hilarious, isn't she? I just love her.

Thanks, Gabry. I had no idea Tina Fey narrated her own book. More authors should consider doing this. I would definitely choose the audio version more often (but not always) if they did.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
gabry79
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabry79.html

Post by gabry79 »

If you give audiobooks a try I also recommend anything by Neil Gaiman that is actually read by him! He is a fantastic reader and he has the most charming british accent (which to me is a huge plus!)
HollyH
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollyh.html

Post by HollyH »

Another amazing reader is Jim Dale, who read the Harry Potter books. He also has a British accent but uses his voice in such a way that you can tell which character is speaking. He is absolutely amazing!
prelude2moonlight
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prelude2moonlight.html

Post by prelude2moonlight »

My favorite chapter is Tina Fey's prayer for her daughter! Even if you don't get around to reading or listening to the whole biography/memoir PLEASE google "Tina Fey's prayer for her daughter". It's so popular I've seen it in memes on pinterest!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”