Official Review: Finding Mr. Right by John Noel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Official Review: Finding Mr. Right by John Noel

Post by Dando »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Finding Mr. Right" by John Noel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Finding Mr. Right by John Noel is not your mother’s dating book. In fact, it is barely a dating book at all. Rather, it is a comprehensive guide for becoming a happy, healthy, empowered woman. Still, Noel delivers on his promise to provide readers with a “no nonsense, shame-free handbook” for finding a healthy, lasting relationship with a quality partner.

Noel throws out old notions that women must craft more desirable versions of ourselves to attract the men we want. Instead he provides readers with a refreshing and empowering new guide to finding love.

Readers be warned: if you are looking for a quick fix formula, this is not the book you want. Finding Mr. Right will not tell you what to say or wear or any other fabled man catching schemes. This book will take you on a journey to discover your best self. Noel’s approach to finding love is based on the idea that only when you truly love yourself will you become irresistible to the men you deserve.

This handbook is a quick read, but a long process. The eight step program is clearly laid out in eight chapters with self love is as both the first step and its uniting theme. Subsequent topics include acceptance, authenticity and vulnerability, inner peace, health, greatness, and intelligence. In each chapter Noel introduces the topic, provides explanatory scenarios, and gives comprehensive action steps. Refreshingly, he continuously incorporates sound scholarly research and ample humor.

I must admit – this is not a book I would normally read, nor am I currently in the market for “Mr. Right.” I just could not contain my curiosity when I saw a male author’s big claims to guide women on a personal journey that leads to love. I was very impressed by Noel’s commitment to the idea that we are at our best when we can love and accept ourselves fully. I love that his focus is on becoming a more genuine and fulfilled version of yourself. It is just so true. Women are constantly bombarded with messages of how to become more beautiful and desirable, but all too often we are being fed a superficial litany of deceit. Sure, looking hot and feigning interest in his hobbies might get you a fun fling, but pretending to be something you are not won’t lead to true love. Rather, self love creates the radiance and irresistibly that we so often strive for.

This book may not provide any new or radical ideas; in fact most of it can be boiled down to common sense. However, they are ideas that too many women (myself included) need reminding of. Thus, any woman can benefit from this book, not just those looking for dating advice. As Noel highlights, finding a wonderful partner is one of the many positive byproducts of this self-actualizing journey.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars because it was inspiring and concise. I must admit, I did not follow the program and I have not found “Mr. Right,” but I feel inspired to revisit the action steps and start treating myself they way I deserve. I genuinely recommend this book to anyone looking for a happier, healthier life.

Buy "Finding Mr. Right" on Amazon
JessiAnne26
Currently Reading: A Novel Bookstore
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessianne26.html
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter

Post by JessiAnne26 »

i love books that encourage loving yourself first. I was lucky enough to find my Mr. Right but i'm always interested to see what other people have to say on the subject matter. Great review!
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter
Dando

Post by Dando »

Thank you! It was my first! I have never read anything like this and I found it so refreshing!
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Post by Skillian »

Great review. And I agree with the premise of the book... focusing on self is key. When you go out and do the things you love... naturally you meet people who love those same things. It is exactly how I met my husband. I stopped trying to please others and started doing what I wanted and needed. Then BAM. I met Joe. haha.

Anything that reminds people to focus on themselves... in learning to love themselves first. I love.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to check it out. Would be a good gift for my friends.
I love LOVE. <3
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
Dando

Post by Dando »

Skillian wrote:Great review. And I agree with the premise of the book... focusing on self is key. When you go out and do the things you love... naturally you meet people who love those same things. It is exactly how I met my husband. I stopped trying to please others and started doing what I wanted and needed. Then BAM. I met Joe. haha.

Anything that reminds people to focus on themselves... in learning to love themselves first. I love.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to check it out. Would be a good gift for my friends.
Thank you. All of this is wonderful! I hope you and your friends enjoy it as I did.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

Nice review. It makes me curious to read the book.
Dvince123
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Dvince123 »

Like you, I am not in the market for "Mr. Right", but based on your review I think this book would be a good starting point for women who are looking. I have heard others counseled on getting yourself together (liking yourself) before you worry about finding a lifetime partner.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”