Biography: "Feeding Eden" by Susan Weissman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Biography: "Feeding Eden" by Susan Weissman

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Hurrah to Susan for an absolutely wonderful book about the joys and sorrows of raising a child with challenges. In this case, Susan’s son has a long list of food allergies that can be life-threatening. Susan uses her deftness as a writer to walk us through her son’s diagnosis and the changes they had to make to their lives in order to keep him healthy.

I found plenty of charm and wit here and also lots of advice for other parents. I felt like I could totally relate to Susan’s descriptions. Even though my family doesn’t have food allergy issues we have faced learning challenges with our son. Susan’s retelling of the mental processes she faced are the kind that any parent facing childhood challenges could sympathize with. I think a lot of parents would find comfort in this book knowing that others have walked the same or similar path.

The author has also included an extensive list of resources at the back of the book for those looking for more information about food allergies.

I found myself totally caught up in this story and I highly recommend it. The book was entertaining and informative all at the same time. I hope that Susan will continue to write stories for us to read because I thoroughly enjoyed her writing.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”