Secret Mind Tools by Roland Gugganig

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amheiser
Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Official Review: Secret Mind Tools by Roland Gugganig

Post by Amheiser »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Secret Mind Tools" by Roland Gugganig.]
Book Cover for 2350
Share This Review

Secret Mind Tools, The Quick Trance Seminar, is a non-fiction self-help e-book by Roland Gugganig. It’s an interesting guide to training your mind to develop the ability to go into a peaceful trance which can enable you to make any number of situations you might find tedious or stressful, more pleasant, with a new “…state of awareness and elevated sensory perception.” Gugganig notes that these trances should not be considered medical advice nor should they replace doctors or therapists if you suffer from depression or other medical conditions. Also, this information should be used responsibly.

Gugganig questions whether our emotions are dictated by the outside world, or if they are something we can teach ourselves to control from within. He says our bodies are able to supply ourselves with “happy hormones”, but whether they do depends on our lifestyle. When something good is happening, the amount of self-produced, feel-good hormones rises, so why not take advantage of this to change your outlook on life. We draw in breaths when in trouble and let out our breath when trouble has passed, so it follows that we should be able to control our emotions with controlled breathing.

Gugganig says that humans spend their days in a beta state of mind because it keeps us alert. The book teaches how to control your breathing to change your state of mind to an alpha state by changing your respiratory rhythm which in turn influences brain frequency and can give us access to the alpha state of mind which is like dozing. Deep, slow breathing can take a person into the alpha state, but you have to train yourself to enter this state. After practice, it can be as automatic as finding the brake when you are driving.

This book teaches how to enter a trance using your own personal positive sensory information from all five senses. This is your “magic formula” or trigger to get you into your personalized trance. The book gives many examples of different trances and when trances might be useful.

I thought this was an interesting, helpful book for anyone. It is very well written and easy to follow. Gugganig’s contention that we can control our outlook on life by controlling our breathing follows a logical explanation of how and why this should work. I’ve followed the instructions to set up my own personal trances and found the information to be very helpful and complete.

I would recommend this book to anyone, especially any person who is having a bad day or is tired of doing mundane, tedious things that need to be done but can be much more pleasant to do using Gugganig’s instructions.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is very well-written and the information and instructions are presented in a very logical, easy to follow form. It seems like it would be a very useful tool for anyone to have to help them in today’s world.

Buy "Secret Mind Tools" on Amazon
View hassle-free sample of "Secret Mind Tools"
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”