Offical Review: Ghost Unit By Anonymous Author

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rjhaug
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjhaug.html
Latest Review: "Ghost Unit-Chasing Destiny" by Levi Peretz

Offical Review: Ghost Unit By Anonymous Author

Post by rjhaug »

In the prologue of the book he explains he will protect the identities of the people involved. I can see where publishing this story could have ramifications for the people involved. I respect the fact he is devastating to family and friends of the individual. willing to explain things about being undercover and what exposure to someone’s true identity could be He is working on a website to follow with the series which I think can be a helpful tool under these circumstances.

The book Ghost Unit Chasing Destiny is one book in a series, about the formation of an “unlisted special forces unit in Israel”. The author takes you back to the beginning of his life as a child and shows you through his eyes what events influence his choice to be a special forces solider. He has a strong belief that fighting terrorism is his duty.
He has promised to blow the whistle on the covert activities of the Special Forces unit and their movements. How the unit is funded and operates. The government involvement and the duties they must perform. You will be introduced to other members of the Special Forces team. Witnessing the brutal training they are subjected to and their first mission.
I was intrigued to read this book. I wanted to understand the soldier’s view of events. We hear stories of what they go through but it tends to be cleansed of the hard facts or events. Sugar coated so we can stomach what we want or need to know. I could picture the places in the book although I had never seen them before. I got a mental picture from the author of where he wanted me to be and see how his life is unfolding and shaping him into the adult solider he grows into. The culture he is from is different from my own but it was intriguing to me. He lives in a foreign country undergoing what I only read about on the news websites. I can actually understand his point of view from the outside looking in and learned something about his country and the struggle they endure. I found I could relate to him as a child and an adult. He made the story believable to me and I can’t wait to read the next in the series.
I rate “Ghost Unit Chasing Destiny” a 3 out 4 stars because there were a couple of typos which isn’t all bad but they draw your attention away from the sentence your reading. Because this is book was short it left me wanting the next book.
Latest Review: "Ghost Unit-Chasing Destiny" by Levi Peretz
Kappy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
Favorite Book: The Essene Gospel of Peace
Currently Reading: McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container
Bookshelf Size: 762
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kappy.html
Latest Review: "The Big Exoneration" by Dennis Sanchez
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by Kappy »

Good review. Amazon.com now lists the author as Levi Peretz.
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds
Latest Review: "The Big Exoneration" by Dennis Sanchez

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”