Review: "Life Would Be Perfect If I Lived in That House"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AnythngArt
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anythngart.html

Review: "Life Would Be Perfect If I Lived in That House"

Post by AnythngArt »

Book Review (Memoir): "Life Would Be Perfect If I Lived in That House" by Meghan Daum

While other women lust after overpriced shoes or designer jeans, Meghan Daum has her heart set on the next piece of real estate. When other women spend their 20s and 30s on the prowl for potential dating partners, Daum's years were eaten away with the hunt for apartments and houses on Craigslist and Realtor, with the hope of finding the next perfect place to live, the home that would transform Daum's life into something she imagined to be happiness.
In "Life Would Be Perfect If I Lived in That House," Author Meghan Daum notes that she had more residences than boyfriends during those years of her 20s and 30s,

"Not that this bothered me significantly. Not that I'd even really much noticed. That's because moving, like chocolate and sunshine, stirs up many of the same chemicals you ostensibly produce when you're in love. At least it does for me. Like a new lover, a new house opens a floodgate of anticipation and trepidation and terrifying expectations fused with dreamy distractions."

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”