Official Review: The Divine Manual: A Holistic Approach t...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DickDatchery
Favorite Author: Shakespeare
Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment [Dostoevsky]
Currently Reading: The Bleeding Edge [Pynchon]
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickdatchery.html
Latest Review: "XIANNE" by Jayce Grayson
fav_author_id: 9655

Official Review: The Divine Manual: A Holistic Approach t...

Post by DickDatchery »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Divine Manual: A Holistic Approach to Raise Your Consciousness, Resolve Your Karma and Fulfill Your Life Missions" by Wallace Ching.]
Book Cover for 2075
Share This Review

The Divine Manual is a compendium of New Age teachings and techniques, intended to show readers how they can change their outlook, resolve karma, and fulfill their missions in life. I rate this book as 4 out of 4 stars. It is well-written, sincere, illustrated with numerous examples from individuals who have used the techniques, and authoritative in presenting the subject.

For readers curious about New Age concepts such as karma, past lives, meditation designed to raise consciousness to a higher state, and learning to identify and fulfill life purposes, The Divine Manual provides an introduction and philosophical basis for New Age views and clear instructions about practices meant to resolve financial, relationship, and health problems. It may also be useful for those who have reservations about New Age ideas such as past lives, spirit guides, angels, and channeling of arcane knowledge, but want to explore some of the concrete techniques with an open mind.

The author is extremely knowledgeable about the field, having spent most of his life studying, experimenting with, and implementing various traditional and New Age spiritual practices. In addition, he is a trained hypnotherapist and psychotherapist, and much of The Divine Manual consists of examples of problems in the author’s own life, or case studies based on the experiences of others, and New Age approaches to their solutions. The Divine Manual not only presents New Age ideas and compiles various established techniques, it also presents the author’s own synthesis of New Age practices in an integrated program.

Readers may not adopt all the ideas and techniques presented in this book. For example, if you are not sure you have had previous lives, you may not want to pursue those practices designed to provide knowledge about your earlier existences and neutralize the karma created in them. If you do not believe there are spirit guides or angels, you probably will not try to communicate with them.

However, many of the practices discussed and explained in the book are wholly or primarily based on traditional methods such as relaxation, concentration, meditation, visualization, and breathing. An open-minded reader with an interest in learning and using these techniques could use The Divine Manual to experiment and find out which ones provide a benefit or answer a particular need.

The Divine Manual is clear, logically laid out, and authoritative. Anyone who wants an introduction to New Age concepts and outlooks, is interested in New Age practices and how they could be applied to the problems of daily life, or who just wants to pick and choose particular ideas and methods, will find the book to be an excellent source.

Buy "The Divine Manual: A Holistic Approach to Raise Your Consciousness, Resolve Your Karma and Fulfill Your Life Missions" on Amazon
Buy "The Divine Manual: A Holistic Approach to Raise Your Consciousness, Resolve Your Karma and Fulfill Your Life Missions" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "XIANNE" by Jayce Grayson
McFood1999
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by McFood1999 »

Very interesting. I have no interest in New Age but one part does spark my attention.

About karma: In the past, I have been to it as Richard Dawkins is to religion in general—that is, I'd thought it was complete nonsense and looked down anyone who actually believes it. Now I'm starting to open up a little more to the theory.

Thanks for the recommend!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”