Official Review: Passive Income with Android by Raj Patel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brybear28
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brybear28.html
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
fav_author_id: 2376

Official Review: Passive Income with Android by Raj Patel

Post by Brybear28 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel.]
Book Cover for 2095
Share This Review

Are you looking for a fun new way to make some fast cash? Raj Patel's eBook, Passive Income with Android, suggests a way to make a lot of money in a way you've probably never thought of before— Designing an app for the Android market.

This is an informative, manual -like book created to teach the readers to put together an app worthy of the Play Store. With this method of money making, you design an app, add it to the Play Store and then sit back to see how it works. This does not always work in your favor. Its success or failure could be a factor of many things, but by paying special attention to the guide in Patel's book, success rates should be rather high.

This eBook gives an explanation of how a person would go about making money on the Google Play Store by designing apps for customers to purchase or to download for free use. Some people have become very rich doing this alone, as thousands of people buy and run several apps each and every day.

At the start of the book, the author gives a brief run through of the things you must think about before you ever try to create your own app, including the things that make an app successful and what potential customers look for in an app, the name of the app and the design of the icon, and most importantly, what kind of app you want to make- but this is only the beginning of what a reader of this eBook would find.

Once you know the details of what kind of app you want, the author gives a thorough overview on how to create an app in the next section with the inclusion of picture references and detailed instructions on the process of installation and use of the programs that you can use, how to create and add music and anything else you may want on your app.

I would highly suggest this eBook to anybody who may be looking to make a bit of money and doesn't know what they could do or where to get started. This would also be a helpful and informative read for anybody who is interested in computer designing, learning how to build an app or gaming on smart phones or tablets. I, who have had no precious knowledge on the subject, have learned a lot about how to make an app.

If programming and design does not interest you, I would suggest looking for a different read. This eBook is most likely not for you.

I'd give this book a full 4 out of 4 rating for it's thorough detail and instruction on it's subject.

Buy "Passive Income with Android" on Amazon
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Thanks for the review. It sounds like summarized content well. I think this might interest my son. I didn't realize this site included more technical type books like this.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Brybear28
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brybear28.html

Post by Brybear28 »

I wasn't exactly sure what was wanted for this, but I'm glad it helped!
obiebookworm
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Picture of Dorian Gray
Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obiebookworm.html
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by obiebookworm »

Really? I had no idea that people could possibly make some nice money creating these type of apps. I'm interested in learning more! :D
Thanks for the very informative review!
Obiebookworm
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
CatGitane
Favorite Author: Lewis Carroll
Favorite Book: Alice in Wonderland
Currently Reading: The 5th Wave
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catgitane.html
Latest Review: "Witches" by Mark Taylor
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3309

Post by CatGitane »

Thank you very much for this review :)! I was already thinking of making an App for Android, but I didn't know how to go about it. :)
Latest Review: "Witches" by Mark Taylor
freedomtosucceed
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freedomtosucceed.html

Post by freedomtosucceed »

Thanks for the review! I've been thinking about making Apps for awhile but haven't jumped into it yet. Sounds like this book will help me get on my way. Sounds like this book is full of information.
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

A while back I probably would've read a book like this. I had a lot of dreams back then, and programming was one of them. I'm kinda skeptical as to how one can learn to design an app just by reading this book. Great review though!
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice, informative review! I am usually skeptical of "get rich"-style books, but this book seems to offer a lot of good information for people interesting in making apps. I am a bit techno-challenged, but I'm sure this book would appeal to a wide range of readers.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Stevefromtheblock
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevefromtheblock.html
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol

Post by Stevefromtheblock »

This sounds like a book for beginners, which would be me, hahah. Maybe I'll check it out.
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting and helpful book. Though I'm not into designing apps as I have zero idea how it's done plus I'm not tech-savvy and all, I might check it out. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Raj Patel for such a well-written book.
HalcyonFlower
Currently Reading: Hearts In Atlantis
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halcyonflower.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Publishing Contest Votes: 2

Post by HalcyonFlower »

Passive Income has really become popular in the world, hasn't it? Definitely not a bad thing and I'm glad a book is out that can help people achieve their goals. I find indie novels have a much more personal touch than well-known series, such as the For Dummies series. But that's opinion. This is a great review - clear and concise :)
Rhoe_Marrow
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhoe-marrow.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Rhoe_Marrow »

Great review! I just downloaded the book and am interested to see how this app business works.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”