A must read imo: Vaccinated by Paul A (Somewhat Spoilers)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MrEmDash
Favorite Author: Too many
Favorite Book: Winters Bone or The Road
Currently Reading: The Game of Thrones and Wizard Science
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mremdash.html
Latest Review: "Pearls and Heels" by Kareen Cole

A must read imo: Vaccinated by Paul A (Somewhat Spoilers)

Post by MrEmDash »

I'm really not into the medical stuff but I decided to try this often seeing it at my library's bookshelf and boy was I surprised. This book is about Maurice Hilleman who is known as the "father of modern vaccines". Ultimately what I liked most about this biography was the impact that can be felt 60 years after the fact. This book describes his journey of creating some of the vaccines that we still use to this day as well as the history of vaccines how that impacted Hilleman's work. It also leaves a message of the importance of vaccines and the effect it would have on the world if there were no vaccines. It's hard to describe what made this book a top 5 book I've ever read, but the writing style is fantastic, the message and events are interesting. This by itself doesn't sound like a book that is THAT good, but it really is THAT good. It's hard to explain, but you gotta trust me. If you have even a little bit of interest in understanding how the world is able to continue functioning, I would read this book as Hilleman was instrumental to the survival and flourishing of humans.

If we're going to use the rating system I'm giving a 10/4. Read it!
Latest Review: "Pearls and Heels" by Kareen Cole

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”