Official Review: From within the Quran: Allah is not the ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sally Balboa
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-balboa.html
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf

Official Review: From within the Quran: Allah is not the ...

Post by Sally Balboa »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From within the Quran: Allah is not the Creator God" by CP Cornelius.]
Book Cover for 1358
Share This Review

The first thing I noticed about the novel was that CP Cornelius, has a tendency to repeat himself a lot, and sometimes takes his time rearguing an argument that he clearly just won. But when he is making these arguments he makes his points very well, and is rather convincing, but then again until I started reading this book I knew nothing about the Quran, and chose this novel because I wanted to learn something about another culture. I’m not disappointed either, and the book has definitely given me some things to ponder about. Considering every religion tells us that that religion is the one true religion, as the Quran restates repeatedly; the author gives us something that makes our jaws drop a bit when we think about that the Quran says that Allah made all of the big religious books (The Torah, the Hebrew Bible, and The Gospel of Jesus) and yet they all seem to contradict each other. (The Quran also states that the Quran is perfect and everything that Allah says is also prefect and true) This is the main thing that the author argues repeatedly.

The book is just as the title says it fights Allah as being the one true God, and brings up some very good points on the subject. There are also a great many quotes from the Quran and a lot of them are used repeatedly, but for different purposes. This novel also criticizes the Prophet Muhammad and claims him to have either made some grave mistakes or that Allah himself did (which according to the Quran is not possible)

While this book was extremely intriguing and made some fine points, a lot of it felt like he was ranting at you, and it all felt very angry. Like a mother berating her children for some stupid act. My other critique would be that there were not any good stopping points; honestly you have to give yourself a certain amount of pages to read and stop it at that page, if you’re ever going to know where you were the next time you read.

While reading you can tell that this whole concept has been brewing in the writers mind for some time probably either pent up for a long time or only ever complained about to one person. That’s probably why the book seems so perfect in its argumental structure. At times it was entertaining too, but definitely a serious read for those who question religion or are just curious about another.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Buy "From within the Quran: Allah is not the Creator God" on Barnes and Noble
Little House
Favorite Author: Orson Scott Card
Favorite Book: Enders Game or maybe Enders Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-house.html
Latest Review: "Chocolate Chip Chelsy" by Angelina Madison
fav_author_id: 2667

Post by Little House »

Sounds like an interesting book. Does the author quote the Quran, the Torah, the Bible or other texts, or does he just state his own opinions?
Latest Review: "Chocolate Chip Chelsy" by Angelina Madison
Sally Balboa
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-balboa.html

Post by Sally Balboa »

There are literally whole pages just full of quotes from the Quran. But he props them up against the Bible and Torah, to benefit his opinions.
MyOwnStyle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MyOwnStyle »

somehow, i find it is difficult to read a religious-book that establish argument that focus mainly on one religion. if i going to start, i think i will prefer to start with "Judaism, Christianity, and Islam: Differences, Commonalities, and Community". I will be grateful if anyone can provide a review on that book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”