Acronymonics by Robert W. Harris.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookworm0266
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm0266.html
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano

Acronymonics by Robert W. Harris.

Post by Bookworm0266 »

This book was a very odd read for me. I felt like the book would be a great read for someone who is interested in tidbits and trivia.The book essentially explores acronyms in various topics like history, television, landmarks, and people. Some of the actual meanings for the acronyms were interesting though (like STOP stands for Stop Tires On Pavement for example). Other acronyms were created by the author and they were very original. I liked the acronyms that the author was able to devise because he was able to find a connect between the meaning of the word and its significance to the topic at hand. However, the structure of the book is very random, which I did not like too much. I would of liked the book better if it was structured to an encyclopedia. I would recommend this book to someone who is really into useless and random trivia, because it is informational while slightly entertaining.
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”