Review: Thrive by Arianna Huffington

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
khamneithang
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khamneithang.html
Latest Review: "The Unraveling of Abby Settel" by Sylvia May

Review: Thrive by Arianna Huffington

Post by khamneithang »

Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington is a truly inspiring and refreshing book everyone should read. The deluge of books for reviews almost prevented me from having a look. I am glad I managed to squeeze in time to discover what this book is all about.

In the book, Huffington spells out how one can live a great and healthy life. Her insightful advice coupled with her wonderful writing style makes the book really enjoyable. Her sage and sane advice about getting enough sleep, meditations and shifting one's core values beyond the control of money and power is truly life-changing and thought-provoking. This, in essence, is "the third metric." It is an attempt to redefine success and create a vibrant life full of wisdom and wonder.

One important aspect of the book is its advice to unplug from technology and social media. In a world hooked to the social media such advice may seem ill-conceived but from Huffington's perspective it is badly needed. Though the book has its own shortcomings, I honestly believe that many readers will take some of the advice to heart and be inspired to redefine success, create a life of well-being, wisdom and wonder the Arianna Huffington-way.
Life is good when you get to do work that you love and are supported by people who not only encourage you, but look forward to your efforts.
Latest Review: "The Unraveling of Abby Settel" by Sylvia May

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”