Inspirational Non-Fiction

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nbarton
Favorite Author: rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Expecting Miracles
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nbarton.html
fav_author_id: 2546

Inspirational Non-Fiction

Post by nbarton »

Kisses for Katie by Katie Davis is an inspirational true story of a young girl named Katie. When she's a senior in high school her goal is to go on a mission trip to a country in need. She didn't expect to fall in love with Uganda or their people when she visited for three weeks. She can't think of a more fulfilling life than to dedicate herself to children there. She begins a girls home, and before she's 22 has adopted 14 beautiful girls that she has the honor of pouring God's love into. She, however, has promised her parents that she'll attend at least one year of college before deciding that she wants to spend her life in Uganda. She tells the struggles of leaving her true hearts desire to come back the the U.S. and follow through with her promise. This book is such an inspiration of dedication and service. A definite must-read!
ConnectiveStardust
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-connectivestardust.html

Post by ConnectiveStardust »

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson is the most inspiring non-fiction work I have ever read. It made me feel in love with the world around me rather than another imaginary one. I gave me a love of science and a passion for knowledge. As the title implies, the book really does cover everything from stardust to snails. I have never been forced to readjust my vision of the world around me in such a wonderful way.
love2teach2kids

Post by love2teach2kids »

Bill Bryson really is incredible. I can usually find A Short History on book shelves all over the world when I travel. I really have come to enjoy Michael Polland's books...he has a way of making science easy to understand and applicable to daily life.
holbog1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holbog1.html

Post by holbog1 »

The Psychopath Test - Jon Ronson
Intriguing read! Scares you into thinking that maybe you, yourself and psychopaths are not that far apart!! Hidden messages throughout the book give it an "Inception" kind of feel. Book within a book. Some fact but some fiction. Or is it really all factual?!
prarich
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarich.html
Latest Review: "The Angel with Burnt Wings" by Scarlett Jensen

Post by prarich »

Is this kids' read?
Latest Review: "The Angel with Burnt Wings" by Scarlett Jensen
smorice

Post by smorice »

I found The Boys in the Boat to be very inspirational. It tells the story of the 1936 American Olympic Rowing Team. What these men had to go through to accomplish what they did was simply amazing.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”