Official Review: 51 Powerful Keys to your Success

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Katherine E Wall
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-e-wall.html
Latest Review: "Vietnam Memoirs: Part 1" by Don Bonsper

Official Review: 51 Powerful Keys to your Success

Post by Katherine E Wall »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "51 Powerful Keys to your Success" by KENNETH H B ADDERLEY.]

When I saw the title, 51 Powerful Keys to Your Success, by Kenneth H. B. Adderley, I expected insightful and useful self-help for business-oriented people. Upon further inspection, I realized Mr. Adderley developed it as a guide for all aspects of life. Even better, I thought. However, once I began reading it, I was disappointed.

While Mr. Adderley offers some insight, I do not think he has explored this premise thoroughly. The result is a list of platitudes. At best, they could be used as daily affirmations and motivators, but even then, they are filled with repetition and redundancies. There is little about this small twenty-one page treatise that breaks new ground, although I do believe it has the potential to be inspiring.

If the author chose to begin with these keys, and then develop engaging mini-essays to explore their meaning and application in real life, I think he would have a better offering. His target audience is clearly defined in his book, but I do not remember seeing it as part of his marketing of the book initially. As I mentioned, I anticipated a business-oriented book, not a spiritual one. I think it is advisable to establish this for the potential reader. Certainly, there is a strong market for an inspiring book in this area.

As it is, though, it has not achieved that status. Instead, I think the author currently has an outline for something that could be great. I envision this prepared into a workbook format, with the keys stated succinctly (instead of relying so heavily on repetition), followed by a mini-essay around two hundred and fifty words applying the key to everyday life, and then adding in activities for the reader/participant to follow to enhance their journey and understanding of the keys. If Mr. Adderley could find one more key, then, following the above-mentioned format, he could develop a book which involved a year-long journey to success. With the reader focusing on one key per week, incorporating it into their own lives through reading, reflection on the concept, and real-life applications via exercises within the workbook, I believe this could be an inspiring and helpful book. It would then live up to its potential as a valuable tool in developing success in life based on strong spiritual ideals.

In short, Mr. Adderley has insights that could help many people achieve success, but I do not believe he has fully explored the potential of this book. I hope he revisits it, expands the concepts, and develops it to its full potential. If he were to achieve what I believe is possible, I would buy this book and recommend it to all my friends. As it is now, however, I would have to pass. I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars.

View hassle-free sample of "51 Powerful Keys to your Success"
"We awaken the muse with the spirit of creativity. We entomb it with the ghoul of self-doubt."

That's right, I have a muse. It is spelled MusE. My writing is influenced by the interactions of people I meet - us and ME.
Latest Review: "Vietnam Memoirs: Part 1" by Don Bonsper
KAM2013
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by KAM2013 »

Thank you, I will review it again, make changes and resubmit it.
Arunav_D
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunav-d.html

Post by Arunav_D »

Based on the first few rules that I've read under the sample section, I think this is a good summary of points that should be reflected on in a regular basis. Yes they may not be new theories or observations but how many times have we done something in spur of the moment without thinking, this list definitely helps to jog the memory about sum total of life experiences and learning

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”