Official Review: The C Card and Me

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nana2002
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nana2002.html
Latest Review: "Comeback Love" by Peter Golden

Official Review: The C Card and Me

Post by nana2002 »

[The following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The C Card and Me" by Ali Gilmore.]
Book Cover for 9781470125509
Share This Review

I really enjoyed the book The C Card and Me How I beat Stage IV Cancer (to a pulp) by Ali Gilmore. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I didn't get it for anyone with cancer or for myself because I have cancer. I got it for myself to get an idea of how to treat a friend with cancer.

I think it is the perfect book because it lets you know things you might be afraid to ask the person but gives you ideas on ways to help them get through the bad times and let them know you are there if they need you without being overbearing.

I also like the way the author is down to earth and uses normal language that you can understand since so many books on the subject use words you have to stop and look up and sometimes still don't understand what it is trying to say.

The author tells you how she feels and what it is like to go through the treatment. She gives you information on the treatments that I didn't know such as all chemo doesn't make you lose your hair which I always thought it did. She tells you about the problems you might have such as what she calls chemo brain where your memory isn't good, the nausea, and weight loss or weight gain. I always thought all people with cancer lost weight but learned some people gain weight as a side effect of chemo.

I would reccomend this book to anyone with cancer or the friend or relative of someone with cancer as it would be a big help to know what you will be going through or what you should or shouldn't do to help and when to back off and let them be alone because they need the rest.

I would rate this a 4 out of 4 because it is easy to understand and gives alot of helpful information.

Buy "The C Card and Me" on Amazon
Buy "The C Card and Me" on Barnes and Noble

Please use this topic to discuss "The C Card and Me" and to comment on the above review by Nana2002.
Latest Review: "Comeback Love" by Peter Golden

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”