Official Review: A Book for Oreo by Caralee Jardine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Re: Official Review: A Book for Oreo by Caralee Jardine

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

I have dogs as pets, but that wouldn't stop me from loving Oreo. I just know it. The selfless love that a pet has for their owner is unbelievable. I'm sure that I would cry a river on Oreo's passing from the world.
Great review!
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
poofy
Currently Reading: Souless
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poofy.html

Post by poofy »

The sample made me wary as it mentioned God so much, but the topic seems very touching as it deals with the loss of a beloved pet.

The review does paint the book in a heartwarming light - seems like many cat and dog lovers will pick up A Book for Oreo!
Goluck
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Goluck »

This is a particularly interesting story. The author describes her relationship with her pet as a special connection in a such a way that other people can clearly relate with. This preview has sparked an interest within me to explore how I can better relate with pets in my life. Good job!
miss_roundy
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-roundy.html
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by miss_roundy »

I love cats, and I'm glad I got to read a book dedicated to one
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
YoItsHo
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoitsho.html

Post by YoItsHo »

2 years ago, I adopted my Rottweiler-mix dog, Bacon. He was a master at his puppy smiles, melting all hearts around him, but he was too a playful naughty mess! Now that I am abroad studying, reading this gives comfort to me myself and all animal lovers alike. The brief sample I read was very human and shows the intimacy of the Author with God and her cat. The review was simply phrased, a journey with Oreo and the Author, which touched many heartstrings and provided necessary motivation to explore this journey together.
Elizabeth A
Currently Reading: The Doom Murders
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-a.html
Reading Device: Ipad

Post by Elizabeth A »

A Book for Oreo by Caralee Jardine. Sort of a Spoiler. This is a book done about the life of Oreo, the black and white cat. She was down in dumps over not having her life go the way it was. After going to the Humane Society this cat stuck his paw out at her, saying take me home. She wasn't able to get him at first, but thru a little deception she was able to get him home before they would put him down. And because of that cat her life wasn't the same. She had more joy and happiness with this little ball of fur. This great for animal lovers or for anyone who wants to read a feel good story.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I cannot wait to read A Book for Oreo by Caralee Jardine because I think it is absolutely cute to have a great book about a cute kitty. I think this is done up very well, and I appreciated the great review.
Aakaraw
Currently Reading: The Invisible Man
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aakaraw.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aakaraw »

Such a sweet book about pure unconditional love between a girl and a cat. The animal lovers like me are surely gonna read and love this book
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
chitra srinivasan
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-srinivasan.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chitra srinivasan »

When I started reading the sample I thought it was a children's book..Then I found myself wanting to read more.
Very touching and pleasant style of writing. Though I personally don't like cats , I found Oreo very captivating....or was it Caralee Jardine's love for the cat enthralling??? Anyway ,I am going to read the full book to satisfy my curiosity. Sounds like a good read.
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

This is such a sad story. Oreo is a beautiful lifelike cat. However his owner loves him as the son that she never had. She loves him and treats him as such. He needed her and she him. When he departed this world. A part of her died with him. This is a story of true love.
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

This will make me cry, but I'll love it. I think anyone who has loved and lost their animals would relate to this book.
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

I love cats, and I know they do some crazy things. This sounds like a short, fast read that can be savored over and over!
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

I was drawn to this review because we have a black & white cat named Oreo, but the from your review, it sounds more like the relationship I had with a cat from my childhood. This is a book I would love to read.
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

This sounds like a wonderful book that will be relatable for all pet owners.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”