How to Read Literature Like a Professor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookworm1990
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm1990.html
Latest Review: "My Passage to Africa" by Brian C Rushton

How to Read Literature Like a Professor

Post by bookworm1990 »

I recently finished reading a book that I recommend to literally everyone who reads. How to Read Literature Like a Professor, written by Thomas Foster, is a Reading Comprehension/English 101/Comp 101 class all in one. Each chapter presents a bite sized lesson on how to find greater meaning in the stories we read. Foster's manner is very approachable and the book is very easy to read. Foster pulls from a huge bank of literature to provide examples and context of what exactly he is trying to demonstrate. Although reading a book about how to read a book seems a little silly, any serious reader will appreciate the book and learn new reading comprehension techniques. Some of my favorite chapters were about Vampires and Ghosts, Children's stories, Myths and Fables, and "Every Story is a Quest".
Latest Review: "My Passage to Africa" by Brian C Rushton
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

bookworm 1990, thanks for sharing. I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”