Anna Karenina (big sigh)*spoilers*

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Anna Karenina (big sigh)*spoilers*

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

Well, here's the thing, I don't like it! Not in a book-burning-throw-it-in-the-trash way, but this book isn't for me at all. I am very well aware that this is a brilliant example of Russian literature however I just don't like it. Here is my main problem with the book; the characters are impossible for me to like! When i finally dragged my eyes across the last page I might have thrown myself in front of a train if Anna herself hadn't beat me to it. I will say that the style is very interesting! You walk into a scene with one person and leave the room with somebody else and that can be very fun. It's not for me but give it a try and see what you think.
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Post by Ryan »

"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.

Return to “Classic Books”