Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jordyn21
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordyn21.html

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Post by jordyn21 »

Oh this book was such a great book. I cried and cried with tears of contentment and sadness through out this book. It really knows how to tug on your heart strings but also makes you want to be a better person. This book makes you fall in love with the two main characters even though they are so different, they are both lovable and wonderful in their own ways. I love a book with strongly developed characters and you can tell that so much thought and meaning went into this book which allows readers to take away so much more than whats on the outside. This is one of those books that everyone should read in their life time and even more then just once.
neropanda
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by neropanda »

I remember having to read "Of Mice and Men" back in grade nine. It was a really good book, definitely a lot better than some of the other books I've been forced to read *coughTRUEGRITcough*. Steinbeck definitely broke my heart with that novella--THERE WERE SO MANY TEARS. I'm thinking of rereading the book one day, just for pleasure, since reading books in high school kind of take the joy away from the reading experience. I remember our teacher asking "what does the rising sun represent?" (hope) and when I said "I'm pretty sure it just means that it's the next day," the teacher kind of gave me a look. Sigh. Although I definitely agree, I would recommend "Of Mice and Men" in a flash to lovers of literary fiction everywhere.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplication - there is already a topic open for this book
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Classic Books”