Little Women

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Re: Little Women

Post by Acwoolet »

I absolutely loved this book growing up! I was thinking just the other day that I need to dig my copy out and reread it. I got so invested in all of the characters lives, I think I was heartbroken when it ended.
Fitzpatrick+love
Currently Reading: The Shining
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fitzpatrick-love.html

Post by Fitzpatrick+love »

"Little Women" took me a while to read due to the slow pace of it, but I didn't regret reading it at all and rather enjoyed it. At first, I loved the character of Joe as most people do, then I changed my mind completely and began relating to Amy more. As a child and young girl Amy could be rude and superficial, but as she grew up she started to see the world in a very wise way. She showed care for herself and others and was always careful to be polite and thoughtful. With her art Amy experienced failure, yet she recovered from it gracefully and grew to become a better person because of it. She recognized that in the world there is never one answer or one way of doing something and a person simply has to trust that life will work out. I love in Amy her confidence, independence, and unwavering kindness.
Ramona
Favorite Author: Too many...
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramona.html
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Ramona »

As a young girl, I started reading Little Women and Jo's Boys and other books by Louisa May Alcott. Little Women and Jo's Boys were always my favorites. And I have read them many times over. Even as an older (not OLD! ;-) ) adult, I have reread some of these books. I guess they take me back to my childhood in some way. They're just a nice comforting read!!
Numbers 6:24-26 The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I read this book when I was in college and I loved it. Incidentally, I'm re-reading it right now and I love it even more than I did when I was younger. I didn't know it's possible to love a book more than you did, but probably it's because I'm a mother now and see the book in a different perspective. But then again, I read LITTLE MEN and it's simply great. I just found a copy of 'Jo's Boys and How They Turned Out' and I'm really excited to find out how they actually did turn out.
Writer4God
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Refuge At Highland Hall
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer4god.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Writer4God »

Loved this book! I read it a few years back and remember being rather taken in by the story and writing style. I had of course seen the movie prior to reading the book, so I already knew how the story went, but still found it to be an enjoyable read and there were of course some things in the book that weren't in the movie, so that made it more enjoyable. Definitely one of my favorite books!
TRCDFamily
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 570
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trcdfamily.html
Latest Review: "Initiated To Kill" by Sharlene Almond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by TRCDFamily »

I tried so bard to enjoy this book. But alas, it was not meant to be! I could not read more then a chapter at a rime before getting drowsy! Maybe if I had read this at a younger age?
Latest Review: "Initiated To Kill" by Sharlene Almond
Joy77
Currently Reading: Sometimes Never
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy77.html
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Joy77 »

I have this book on my iBook shelf just ready to read but I havent gotten there yet. I heard almost all good about this book and are planning on reading it. Guess I better get going soon haha.
R Kay
Favorite Author: Colleen Hoover
fav_author_id: 3542

Post by R Kay »

Little Women is the kind of book anyone can enjoy irrespective of their age.
Crescentmoon_2007
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon-2007.html

Post by Crescentmoon_2007 »

In my opinion Little Woman is a must read for any coming of age teens. It was the first classic I ever read and thoroughly loved it. Out of the four sisters there is always one of them the reader can find themselves being similar to. I connected with Jo more.
irelandwildrose

Post by irelandwildrose »

This is one of a short list that I re-read each year. I find as I gain years I am able to view the characters slightly differently but never with less regard than the first time I read it.
kderse
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kderse.html

Post by kderse »

I love this book here is my review:

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott a super popular book about four sisters. Jo who loves to read much like myself, Meg the older sister who marries a tutor, Amy the artist, and Beth who loves music. A unforgettable story of the 1900’s in New England.

I recommend this book for teenagers and adults.

I really enjoyed this book and the morals of life it presented. This book reminded me that there are good people left in this world. It also made me think about and appreciate where we have come from. Many of my friends say they read this when they were growing up and I do not ever recall reading this. I am guessing that is a good thing as an adult I can appreciate this book more. I do not think it would have had that effect if I had read this when I was younger. I loved how straight forward this book was. Nothing hiding beneath the surface. For sure a classic and I recommend that you take time reading this and enjoy it, and maybe take time to think about how God wants us to live our life and glorify him in everything.

I just recently started watching Friends for the first time. There is still an episode that makes me smile about little women. I think I talked about it one of my other reviews so obviously it was one of my favorite episodes. Anyways, Joey is reading the book The Shining and gets so scared of the book he sticks it in the freezer. Which Rachel finds in the freezer and starts picking on Joey and they begin a debate on their favorite books hers being Little Women. They agree to swap books and eventually because of certain events in this book I wont spoil he sticks it in the freezer as well. There are so many events in this book they discuss that I found hilarious. This is a very moving book no matter what gender you are. The friends episode proved that for me. It also reminded me of how much I would love to be in a book club with people in person not on the internet. To be able to go to a public library and touch and smell and feel real live books. Can you tell I am a little home sick today for the USA?

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars.
YUKI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yuki.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by YUKI »

Little Women was the very first classic I read as a child. I like it because of that but I'm not sure I would ever re-read it. My mind tends to wander off during slower paced books so I like to read them right after I've finished a particularly absorbing and fast paced book series. My focus is much better this way.
Yafa1822
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yafa1822.html
Latest Review: "Her Irresistible Troublemaker" by Sonia Parin

Post by Yafa1822 »

This one book I find myself reading and re-reading! I adore it.
Latest Review: "Her Irresistible Troublemaker" by Sonia Parin
abookishvoyage
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abookishvoyage.html

Post by abookishvoyage »

One of my fav books!! I borrowed it from our local library and it was great
tortoise keeper
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tortoise-keeper.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B0192AFG7A

Post by tortoise keeper »

I loved Little Women when I was young. I remember that I went ahead to read the rest of Louisa May Alcot's books when I finished it. Jo was my favorite of the sisters.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Return to “Classic Books”