Official Review: Empyres: Bloodblind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sbanks147
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbanks147.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Official Review: Empyres: Bloodblind

Post by sbanks147 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "EMPYRES:BLOODBLIND" by John Koloski.]
Book Cover for 2940015898620
Share This Review

EMPYRES: BLOODBLIND is an interesting book about a new kind of vampire. The main characters, Adam and his girlfriend Yve, have a forbidden relationship that is risky to both of them. Yve is immortal from being tricked into taking a special serum by Sterling Richards, the Empyre leader, and she saves Adam from his first death, leading him to eventually be on the same course as her for immortality. Their relationship leads to an unborn child that has been prophesized about, and when their enemies figure this out, they are on the hunt for them more than ever. Sterling Richards has already been on the hunt for Adam, because he tried to kill Adam the first time after he tried to steal his girlfriend but ended up killing her instead, and has been vengeful since. He had Yve carry his dead girlfriends soul until he could find her another body, which he hopes will be the same time that Sterling can find one for himself, preferably Adam’s body.

I would give this book a rating of 2 out of stars. This book was interesting and had suspense, but it got a little slow in places. Especially in the beginning, the book was slow and not too much happened to keep the reader’s interest. The book picks up a little bit towards the middle though, but is still not one of the best books I have read. I personally did not like the book because of how slow it got in some parts and other parts were a little bit confusing. The book did have a unique story, however, and is not very similar to other books.

The idea of the vampire in this book was different in that it was not vampires sucking people’s blood and only that along with superhuman strength, but the vampires could also carry souls. When one of them was killed, or when a human was killed, a vampire could get their soul and carry it in their own body until they could find another body for that soul to inhabit.

There was a lot of suspense in the book, along with action, but I felt like there could have been a better plot. I did not like it that much, but others would probably enjoy it. I was not able to really connect with any of the characters, and it was from Adam’s point of view. To me all of his feelings and such seemed a little distant to be able to really get to know him and be able to see from his eyes in most of the book.

The visuals in this book are pretty decent, and the author describes everything fairly well for imagery. This helps the reader be able to see what’s going on in this book with a unique twist on vampires, which may appeal to some readers. It was fairly well written, just not the kind of book I usually like to read.

Buy "EMPYRES:BLOODBLIND" on Amazon
Buy "EMPYRES:BLOODBLIND" on Barnes and Noble

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”