Review by dhomespot -- Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review by dhomespot -- Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

Post by dhomespot »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lara's Journal" by A. Gavazzoni.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lara’s Journal by A. Gavazzoni is the second book of the Hidden Motive Series. This is the kind of book that once you start reading it, you cannot put it down. The book is classified as a suspense thriller, but I think it could also be classified as action, drama, and just this side of romance. I will say this at the beginning, anyone with triggers (such as rape) should not read this book.

Simone is a sex therapist that is recovering from a severe trauma, but finally starting to get her life back on track. The one time she decides to cut loose and act on impulse, she finds out the guy she was with is her friend’s cousin. He just so happens to have stalker tendencies. Now she does not know if the threat she faces is from the man that kidnapped her before or Armando, the present stalker. Her patients are starting to die one by one, so the answer has to be found fast.

This book is like two stories in one, so we basically have two main characters. Simone is the first one and Lara is the second. I learned about Lara while Simone was reading her journal. She was a very young girl who had a difficult life through no fault of her own. I felt like I was witnessing her struggles first hand while reading this book.

Edward is Simone’s business partner and best friend. When he starts dating an FBI agent, Simone feels a little bit of jealousy. He is the one person she depends on to be there, no matter what. It is interesting to see how their relationship works.

I thought most of the characters were well developed. I did think some seemed like they were built in a rush, mainly because they were just too superficial. It did not take away from the story and I had a hard time putting the book down. Now I will be going back and reading the first book, and looking for the next one.

I give this book a 4 out of 4 star rating because this author has the ability to make you empathize with the characters of the book. While the rape of a child is not something I even like to hear about, Ms. Gavazzoni has written this book to be an eye opener on how pedophiles operate. The scenes were written as tastefully as possible in my opinion. I think anyone who reads this book would love it.

Lara's Journal
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dhomespot's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Excellent book, it seems. But in order for me to really appreciate this novel, I believe I must first read Behind the Door. A job well done on the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”