Official Review: Parkway South by Robert O. Smith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Parkway South by Robert O. Smith

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Parkway South" by Robert O. Smith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Parkway South is a fiction novel written by Robert O. Smith and published in early 2013. Featuring a Language Arts teacher as the main character, the story of Del Crandall is spanned over his life and experiences. Although the story was written for entertainment purposes only, it reads like a non-fiction timeline of events. With a slow but continuous build up, Parkway South is a memorable story that will leave your mind in a wandering state.

Del Crandall, the main character in the story, is best known to his colleagues, students and student parents to be a one of a kind and exemplary educator. With his admirable techniques and newly developed take on the teaching industry, Del masters within his profession. Year after year, Del surpasses the previous, and even accepts the honor of a Teacher of the Year award. Little does he know; all his hard work and dedication will soon be thrown out the window. When Del’s career, and even more so, his future in general are halted by a horrific accusation, where will he turn?

The storyline within Parkway South is unlike any I have read before, and offers a new insight to the world of child endangerment. The character development throughout the story has a slow build, but benefits the story line, as it continuously creates a connection to the characters involved. The themes riveted throughout the story include that of inspiration, abuse, desperation and psychosis.

Although Del’s character is referred to multiple times as the “twisted teacher,” I found myself liking him all the same, despite his dark and deeply-rooted flaws. Ridiculed all his life, Del has finally found his way and is now desperately clinging on to what little bit of sanity remains within his constant ups and downs.

I was pleased with the writing within the story and found no editing errors during my read. I am always able to enjoy a story more when there are no interruptions by flaws found. As an avid reader of psychological thrillers, I enjoy reading books that will make me think and question everything that happens along the way. Parkway South did not disappoint when it comes to the thrilling aspect, and left me wanting more and more in regards to the characters involved. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Parkway South, and will gladly rate the story 4 out of 4 stars. As an engaging and game-changing read, I have no doubts that others who enjoy thrillers and psychological stemmed books will find the same enjoyment I have. Although I have no qualms recommending this to other readers, I feel the need to give a reader’s discretion warning, as the novel includes graphic scenes of abuse and daring sexual scenes.

Parkway South
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Awesome review - nicely composed. This story seems right up my alley. Thanks for sharing your views and I am glad tht you were able to enjoy this novel.
Kourtney Bradley

Jaime Lync wrote:Awesome review - nicely composed. This story seems right up my alley. Thanks for sharing your views and I am glad tht you were able to enjoy this novel.

Thank you!!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like a little bit different book. I like the unique story line. I'll have to look this one up. Thanks for the nice review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kourtney Bradley

kandscreeley wrote:This sounds like a little bit different book. I like the unique story line. I'll have to look this one up. Thanks for the nice review!
Thank you! Its really unique!

-- July 23rd, 2017, 2:47 pm --
kandscreeley wrote:This sounds like a little bit different book. I like the unique story line. I'll have to look this one up. Thanks for the nice review!
Thank you! Its really unique!
–Vera Nazarian
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Child endangerment and abuse are always difficult matters. Especially when one is accused falsely. I'm not sure from your review if that's the case, and it might be a spoiler, but it sounds like a good read.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Kourtney Bradley

I'd have to say read it to see! ☺
–Vera Nazarian
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Del comes across as an interesting, complex character. Overall, it sounds like a good read, it must be with the four star rating you gave it! Thank you for your well composed review.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Kourtney Bradley

Thank you! Even though Del wasn't an ideal citizen, I couldn't help but like him!
–Vera Nazarian
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Well, no one is perfect. But we all have a responsibility to be role models. Del's story is definitely one to read.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Kourtney Bradley

I agree!!
–Vera Nazarian
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

I wonder what the horrific accusation was? I might have to read to find out. Thanks for the review,Klbradley. It was quite informative.

-- 24 Jul 2017, 18:14 --

I wonder what the horrific accusation was? I might have to read to find out. Thanks for the review,Klbradley. It was quite informative.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Kourtney Bradley

You'll have to read to see! ?
–Vera Nazarian
raikyuu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3079">The Republic</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raikyuu.html
Latest Review: Who killed Chatunga? by Muvhaki Tasu

Post by raikyuu »

This is really an interesting story. Although I'm not sure about the book cover, some elements feel out of place. Good review!
-rk
Kourtney Bradley

Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”