Review by cts827 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cts827
Currently Reading: Wild Irish Rose
Bookshelf Size: 21314
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cts827.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by cts827 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by cts827 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole - 4 out of 4 stars.

Raven’s Peak is a thrilling tale involving demons, people possessed by demons, demon hunters and regular people. There is a hint of spirituality also in the mix.

Arthur, the mentor of Abigale, is called out of seclusion and self-imposed confinement, to send a very powerful demon back to the netherworld when he (Arthur) disappears.

Abigale Dressler is desperately trying to find and rescue Arthur. Haatim Arison is pulled into the hunt when he accepts a job from a man who needs Haatim, a recent college graduate, to document by photography that a certain woman is trying to kill him.

When his employer is actually murdered, he finds himself being pursued by the suspected assassin and he inadvertently gets involved in trying to help Abigale. However, he does not know how important he is to the entire demon hunting community.

Their quest takes them to the town of Raven’s Peak where people begin to act strangely. What is the cause of this behavior? How can they help these victims without getting themselves killed? They must solve the mystery and save the town before it will be destroyed.

Although this is not the genre that I typically read, it was worth reading. I found that the plot was almost believable. The supernatural aspects of the book were well researched and in line with other demon exorcism books and even movies. Haatim shows a former belief in a supreme being but he has lost his faith in God because of the death of his sister. Can he regain his faith? Will good overcome evil? This is a classic struggle.

Abigale does not seem to be a spiritual person, but there is an underlying feeling of religion and beliefs. I found this interesting in that she is hunting demons and does not completely believe in a supreme being.

This book will keep you involved and wondering what will happen next. It is full of suspense and mystery and supernatural power. It may even make you believe in demons and God. Nothing is impossible and everything is possible.

I gave this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because it was hard to put down, the characters were well developed and the plot was fascinating. I was slightly disappointed that it did not completely wrap up all the loose ends but I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cts827's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”