Official Review: Savage by Andrew Jackson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Official Review: Savage by Andrew Jackson

Post by Sarah_Khan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Savage" by Andrew Jackson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The police are not always the good guys, that is the thing to keep in mind while reading this fast-paced, action-packed crime novel called Savage by Andrew Jackson. This hair-raising story based in Ireland, follows an ex-army man turned cop named Billy Savage, whose whole life goes downhill after his divorce. In the wake of a robbery gone wrong, he finds himself in the midst of an extremely dangerous situation that he does not truly understand, wanted by some of the most lethal people in Belfast. With members of the police department working alongside the paramilitaries of the city, Billy does not have many people he can trust. Will Savage make it out alive, and if he does, what kind of life will he be left with? Packed with good cops, dirty cops, drug lords, and paramilitaries, this book will have you hooked from the very first page until the last.

I enjoyed every second of reading this novel, there was never a dull moment. The author is truly talented in the way he describes action scenes. I could vividly imagine everything that was going on as if I was watching it on a movie screen. Although this book is not very long, the author still managed to make me care about the characters and make me actively root for some, while wishing others would get what they deserved.

The best thing about this novel is the plot. I can honestly say there was no way I could have predicted the story would end the way it did. Which is something I very much appreciated since it is hard to come across a surprising plot these days. This book deals with crooked cops, drug dealers, and paramilitaries so obviously there are some gruesome scenes that may be disturbing to some readers. Personally, I appreciated that the author stayed true to the characters and wrote things the way they should have been instead of sugarcoating certain scenes to make it easier to digest.

I gave this novel 4 out of 4 stars, and there was no doubt in my mind that this book deserved it. I had absolutely no complaints while reading this thrilling story. I would recommend it to anyone that loves action or who likes reading books that will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Unfortunately, as I previously mentioned, there are some explicit torture scenes. Therefore, it is not suitable for young audiences or for those who are sensitive towards those types of scenes.

I guarantee you will not regret reading Savage by Andrew Jackson. It is a compelling novel with vivid, nail-biting action scenes that will keep you guessing. This book would also be a great read for fans of the new television series called Shades of Blue starring Jennifer Lopez, since they both have similar themes dealing with the ugly side of the law.

Savage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sarah_Khan's review? Post a comment saying so!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I'm interested in the book because of how exciting you said the plot is. Also, I love reading books with great action scenes. Your review also made interested in seeing Jennifer Lopez's new show!

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review. You really seemed to enjoy this book - there was never a dull moment. The story reminds me of a movie I watched a few years back - The Punisher I think.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

I love a good book that will capture you from the very beginning. I'm going to have to add this book to my reading list. The way you described this book sounds very interesting. Thank you for the honest review.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow! This sounds like a great book. I love unpredictable books especially when they are action packed. Thanks for the great review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

This seems like a great read. I like how there are many action scenes in the book. I think I'll add this to my want to read list. Great job on the review!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

This sounds like a great read! I love action packed stories in which I cannot guess the ending. Great review!
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

I like books which show that human beings are complicated and can't easily be grouped in to good guys and bad guys. I'm glad you pointed out the torture scenes as I'm a bit squeamish on that point. Thanks for the info and a great review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”