Official Review: Dreamcatcher Chronicles: Little Girl Lost

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Official Review: Dreamcatcher Chronicles: Little Girl Lost

Post by micoleon13 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dreamcatcher Chronicles: Little Girl Lost" by Donna Dillon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A dream is one of the most private and sacred things a person can have. They are unique to each individual, and can be either joyously happy or tremendously sad. They are personal hopes, fears and imagination all put together. But sometimes they can also be memories, and even secrets buried deep. Secrets people would kill to keep hidden.

In Dreamcatcher Chronicles: Little Girl Lost, Delilah has always been different. She was born with the ability to see into people’s dreams. Her panicked family try to keep her secret hidden until one day a serial killer comes to town.

Murdered women are being found dressed as fairy-tale characters, and the investigation has lead detectives Brick and Tim completely at a loss. Even with the help of the FBI, with no evidence nor connection between the murders, they are unable to stop this killing spree.

When Delilah unexpectedly is pulled into one of the killer’s dreams, her world is thrown in turmoil. Secrets have been her life, but now people's lives are on the line. Will she be able to help the police detectives and risk her own secret, or will her own life be in danger as the killer’s past comes to light.

This was a wonderfully gripping mystery novel, with just enough of the psychic and the unexplained to keep it intriguing but believable. The main characters complemented each other and were well formed, especially in the case of Delilah. Readers were drawn to her as she struggles with her ability, as she was realistically portrayed as a normal, if somewhat mature, teenager.

The use of what appeared to be unnecessary capitals when referring to “the Boy” in the early chapters, irritated me at first. However it did help to illustrate the anonymity of the boy, his loss of identity and the actions in his childhood which later shaped him into a killer. I liked how the author wrote about him, and how circumstances early in life have long reaching consequences.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Unfortunately there were a few small grammatical errors, however it did not take away from the enjoyment of reading this book. An edge of the seat plot, I would recommend this to any who are a fan of crime and mystery, as well as those who have an interest in psychic abilities. A great read!

Little Girl Lost is the first in the Dreamcatcher Chronicles by Donna Dillon, with the next installment, Little Boy Blue being released later this year.

Dreamcatcher Chronicles: Little Girl Lost
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like micoleon13's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

In spite of the errors this sounds like agreat book. Sounds like it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I'll have to look into this one. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

I really enjoyed it, and the errors were very very minor.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

This is an amazing story. First, it has a catchy title. Second, it has a unique theme. Those who love to solve riddles will love this story.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

The book seems packed with mystery upon mystery, going by the review. No doubt it pricks my reading interest.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Selena Marie price
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Selena Marie price »

i love how the beginning is and every word the story says and i am inspired in this book my story is somewhat like this but different its a girl who been lost and she did not know her real name but one day the boy was watching her ever since she was a baby till now he finally came up to her but the girl was scared so she ran to a dead in she said please don't hurt me the boy said im not going to hurt you at all i am your big brother and the whole family thought you were dead but i did not think you were dead but you was taken from us by someone please come back with me so our family don't think you are dead she said ................

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”