Review by book bug -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
book bug
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bug.html
Latest Review: "Flaherty's Crossing" by Kaylin McFarren

Review by book bug -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by book bug »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Below is the review for Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole. A beautiful creation by the writer which has the capacity to absorb the reader. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. For me, paranormal/urban fantasy is either a spot-on hit or a complete time waste. In this case, it was a complete hit. It is a fast-paced read, which has the power to absorb the reader.

The plot revolves around two characters—Abigail and Haatim—as they are forced by the circumstances to join each other’s company. Abigail must protect Haatim, who is much like a liability in the beginning. The story unfolds in a way that Haatim gets an active involvement in Abigails mission.

The character of Arthur in prologue intensifies the plot. He had depth to him. All through the book, we get tidbits of information about something that happened regarding him, and I loved uncovering the story.

As for the characters, I didn’t find them as mysterious as I would normally like, but they held themselves nicely. Abigail is trained to kill demons. Although her next task is to go to a remote town called Raven’s Peak, she also has a personal agenda in locating her mentor Arthur, who was taken by a demon. Unfortunately, she’s not going to be able to accomplish her tasks alone. After learning about Haatim’s family connections and realizing that his life may be in grave danger, Abigail bring Haatim along on the trip. Once they arrive, Abigail immediately recognizes that something deeply creepy is lurking about within this isolated area—an evil that not only goes beyond anything that Abigail has ever had to face, but also has the potential of overtaking the world. And though Abigail determines to nail whatever this evil is, it is uncertain whether she and Haatim will be able to make it out of the little town alive.

I will rate it a 3 out of 4 stars. The writing was smooth and did a great job with the action scenes and setting. It was concise and laid out perfectly. It’s great for anyone looking for something to take up just a little of their time. It’s a series, and while this story closes nicely for my taste, it’s obviously got the door wide open for solving a bigger mystery. Overall, if you like urban fantasy with a dose of demons, a kick-ass female lead, and a budding male lead, I think you’ll enjoy this.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like book bug's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Flaherty's Crossing" by Kaylin McFarren

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”