Official Review: Dead of Night by W R Todd

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Official Review: Dead of Night by W R Todd

Post by KasieMiehlke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dead of Night" by W R Todd.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I give Dead of Night by W.R. Todd 4 out of 4 stars. It is a fantastic collection supernatural short stories that keep the readers interested. There was nothing that I didn’t enjoy. The fact that the stories were short stories allowed for the reader to complete at least one story in a sitting. The author did a fantastic job at creating a feeling of anticipation during all the stories. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

Dead of Night is a collection of six short stories. The first story focuses on one man and a year long bargain with a madman. The next story is similar to The Telltale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe. One man must overcome the guilt he feels after committing a crime. The third story is a twist on the Jack the Ripper history. The next story is the longest one where a man must confront his past to secure a future for his children. In the fifth story a well known legend comes to life for a little girl. The final story, while the shortest, is probably my favorite. A father finds his little boy facing a fear that every child has.

The author does a wonderful job at writing using a genre that can be difficult to write well in. The supernatural can be on either end of the spectrum, from very childlike to extreme horror. Todd does a wonderful job at creating a medium of horror while still allowing the reader to continue everyday functions. The substance of the stories creates a feeling of unease while not creating a feeling of ultimate fear.

There were no visible spelling or grammatical errors in any of the story. The reader can enjoy these stories while not becoming distracted by errors. The length of the stories is perfect. The reader can read a story while the have a limited amount of time. The feeling of anticipation created by the stories makes it difficult for the reader to put the book down. It will be easy for the reader to become engrossed in each story immediately after the previous one. I could not put this book down.

Dead of Night is a great collection of stories. This is the best collective that I have read in a long time. I could not put this book down. W.R. Todd did a great job at keeping the reader’s interest while allowing for the right amount of unease to settle into the reader. The book seems like it was professionally edited which allows for the reader to enjoy the stories while not becoming distracted by mistakes or errors. I will highly recommend this book to everyone.

Dead of Night
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KasieMiehlke's review? Post a comment saying so!
rbhavsar236
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by rbhavsar236 »

It is really a nice, fantastic book.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a great collection. However, I'm a scaredy-cat and I'm not much into horror books :) . Good job on the review. Congratulations to W R Todd on such a perfect rating.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”