Official Review: O'Eve by L. T. Saunders

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Official Review: O'Eve by L. T. Saunders

Post by mratdegraff91 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "O'Eve" by L. T. Saunders.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

O'Eve by L. T. Saunders

Eve is living a very unsatisfying life. She hates her job, she hates her living situation, and in all hates her life. Eve, being unqualified in any other skill set decides marrying into a new life is the solution to her dilemma. Age is just a number in her plan, and even someone old enough to be her father is a fitting answer. Upon putting things into action, she is advanced to a new position, which indubitably brings in more male attention. With this new attention, she is placed in a daze and is unable to decide who could put her in harm's way and who has genuine feelings.

Liverpool, England is the setting for this intriguing novel. The author did a magnificent job in portraying the city. I felt that I was present in the town with the amount of detail provided. Even with the different events that happened in the book between the work setting and party setting, the author produced magnificent work to allow the reader to visualize everything seamlessly.

The plot of the story focuses on Eve and her ideal plan to remove herself from her dead-end job and terrible life. She forms an excellent plan only to have several obstacles arise to deter her from the scheme. Later in the story, the author adds in so many different twists that it left me in total shock. I loved how the author tied everything together.

My favorite thing about O'Eve was the character development. Eve and her best friend Adam matured greatly throughout the story. The supporting characters also developed well as the story progressed to support the original plot. Egremont, Mitchell, Ben, Mum, Tommy and Laetitia were great supporting characters throughout the story. There were also several other supporting characters that allowed different traits of the main character Eve to come out in various events. Eve was my favorite character out of them all. I also really enjoyed Laetitia’s character. She is a crazy and eccentric cat lady with an unusual sense of humor.

The book overall was very enjoyable. I did come across several different errors throughout the book, though. Since I am not accustomed to this author's style of writing, I saw completing the story and understanding it as a challenge. The book is written in a British English and had several British slang words that I had to reference with an online dictionary. In all, I feel that the book deserves a 3 out of 4 stars since there were several grammatical errors. There were no other issues with this novel that I noticed.

This 320-page book was an easy read but would only be fitting for mature readers. Several different passages in the book contain vulgar language and sexual content. This book is categorized as Contemporary Thriller as mentioned above but contained more Romance genre related scenes than Crime or Thriller scenes.

O'Eve
View: on Bookshelves

Like mratdegraff91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Madison Degraffenreid
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting book with an intriguing character. However, I may have problems with British English especially the common idiomatic expressions. Good job on the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love a book with good characters! This sounds very interesting. I've read books in British English, and it doesn't really bother me. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”