Official Review: Banished Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Re: Official Review: Banished Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Heidi M Simone »

greenstripedgiraffe wrote:This sounds like a very good book. Awesome that the author wraps up the ending nicely while also making you want more!
Thank you, greenstripedgiraffe, for taking the time to read and comment. I really enjoyed this book and the author did do a great job with the ending. :)

-- 15 Feb 2017, 22:25 --
Tommie H Odom wrote:It seems like a great book to read. It's strange how the Morris Graves painting disappeared during a dinner party. This collection was priceless. Rachel and Chase were also guests at this particular party. Chase is the nephew of the owner of the paintings Paul Lyons. The granddaughter is the likely suspect. However you would have to read the book to find out the whole story.
They learned about the thievery during the party at Paul's house, but it happened at the art gallery, which was a separate location. But, it was definitely a very entertaining read! :)

-- 15 Feb 2017, 22:27 --
LivreAmour217 wrote:This sounds like a very satisfying story! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy this book despite it being the third installment of the series (that says a lot about the author's writing abilities). Great review!
Thank you, LivreAmour217! It was very satisfying and one that I had a hard time putting down. I was a little worried about it being the third in the series, but I did not feel lost and was able to differentiate between the characters fairly quickly in the read. Can't wait to give her other books a try!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
rbhavsar236
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by rbhavsar236 »

NICE REVIEW.
Derick Colon
Currently Reading: Don't Speak
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Derick Colon »

Nice book, I just started reading the book and I enjoy it. Thank you again for sharing.
abhishek7081
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by abhishek7081 »

What a fun and exciting book to read! with every page, it turned out to be even more exciting. It offers the reader everything you want in a good murder mystery…. Love, Secrets, Lies, Deception and Murder. It can be a whole package for everyone.

I was so intrigued with each character’s individual story, and I think that may have been what I enjoyed the most. There were plot twists throughout the book that just keep you wanting more. You never expect coming.

Rachel Lyons and Chase Cohen are stunning characters, and their family is just as exciting.
Derrick
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Derrick »

Breath taking
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Another great review! I read another book (not in this series) by this author and liked her writing. The mystery in this book sounds really interesting. Off to take a look at the sample!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

rbhavsar236 wrote:NICE REVIEW.
Thank you! :)

-- 19 Mar 2017, 21:38 --
Derick Colon wrote:Nice book, I just started reading the book and I enjoy it. Thank you again for sharing.
I'm glad that you are enjoying it so far. Hope you like the rest!

-- 19 Mar 2017, 21:39 --
abhishek7081 wrote:What a fun and exciting book to read! with every page, it turned out to be even more exciting. It offers the reader everything you want in a good murder mystery…. Love, Secrets, Lies, Deception and Murder. It can be a whole package for everyone.

I was so intrigued with each character’s individual story, and I think that may have been what I enjoyed the most. There were plot twists throughout the book that just keep you wanting more. You never expect coming.

Rachel Lyons and Chase Cohen are stunning characters, and their family is just as exciting.
Thank you for your thoughts, abhishek7081! I'm glad that you share my enthusiasm for this book. :)

-- 19 Mar 2017, 21:39 --
Derrick wrote:Breath taking
It was a really good read!

-- 19 Mar 2017, 21:40 --
bookowlie wrote:Another great review! I read another book (not in this series) by this author and liked her writing. The mystery in this book sounds really interesting. Off to take a look at the sample!
Thank you, bookowlie! I would like to read more from this author, so I'll have to check out her other books. Hope you enjoy the sample. :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow! This sounds perfect. I love when books in a series can still be read individually. Sounds like you really enjoyed this one, and I'm going to have to put it on my list!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I really did like this one! It quick, easy, and I didn't need too much background information to enjoy the read. :)
Heidi

Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This is another book that will make my want-to-read list. The love story of Chase and Rachel seems fraught with various complications. I wonder whether they will end up together. Add to that the thrilling search for the perpetrators of the crime and you have the perfect recipe for my favorite novel. Thank you for the enticing review.
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you, Miriam Molina, for your thoughts! It was such a fast and captivating read that pages flew by without me realizing. If you do get the chance to read it, I hope you enjoy the read as much as I did!
Heidi

Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

The descriptions and review of this book have a certain attraction and allure to them that I can't put my finger on. I'll have to sample a part of this one to see if it is for me! Thanks for the review.
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by GCamer »

The whole series sounds very intriguing. I'm glad you can enjoy this book even without reading the previous books in the series. Your review makes the story sound very interesting. Thanks for the great review.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Oh boy, so many good reviews about this book. And your review makes it more exciting. I'll make sure to grab a copy & get ready for a great read. I'll catch some sleep while reading this yummy tale. Im sure it will keep me up hours past bedtime.
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

Good review. From what I've read this is a interesting murder mystery and art theft all mixed in with romance. Sounds like a book is enjoy. Adding this to my TBR list.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”