A Harvest of Thorns By Corban Addison

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

A Harvest of Thorns By Corban Addison

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE A HARVEST OF THORNS:

A Harvest of Thorns is an intense drama set in several countries. Following the deaths of hundreds in a garment factory fire in Bangladesh, the author Corban Addison, gives the reader a look into the terrible trade of human suffering; in bondage to the mighty dollar.

One photograph of a young woman, sprawled on the ground with a brand name pair of pants around her head, gains international notice. An intense investigation by the Presto company in America follows. Cameron Alexander, general counsel, heads the investigation. Secrets and terrible procedures are revealed as Cameron ferrets out the horrible truths. Truths which will turn the reader's stomach.

Joshua Griswold, former journalist, disgraced and reviled, receives information which will blow Presto sky-high. Contacted by a whistle-blower, Joshua sets out on journey and the story of a life time. Joshua sees this story has his last chance to redeem his reputation and his soul.

Come along with Joshua and Cameron as they uncover the underbelly of the foreign and domestic garment industry with all their dirty laundry. My contemporary suspense fiction novel review of A Harvest of Thorns follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Where do I start with this review? What an intensely thought-provoking story of greed at its finest. A Harvest of Thorns is intense, compelling, and will invoke your conscience and question what we are willing to accept for the lowest price garment. Our hunger for cheap material things has created a monster of greed, slavery, inhuman treatment, rape, child labor and much more. Author Addison skillfully reveals the criminal intent and inhumane treatment involved in this industry. Although written as fiction it is obvious the author has done his research into this subject. I found the author's notes at the end of the book informative and enlightening.

Addison wove many threads together to form a solid complete novel in A Harvest of Thorns. The pace spot on and his character development skillful, we follow Joshua and Cameron in their intense journey of discovery. With twists and turns, revelations galore, this book will invoke intense emotion in the reader. Are we as a nation and world willing to sacrifice humans for the almighty dollar and the best product at a rock bottom price? Demonstrating the depths we have fallen, Addison skillfully brings the readers conscience to the forefront. Some things are more important than money.

Finally, in concluding my contemporary suspense fiction novel review of A Harvest Of Thorns, I found a solid story; intense, drama filled, and thought-provoking. Everyone who shops should read this book and consider the ultimate cost of the product they just brought. The next time you pick up a $3.00 shirt in the big store, think about who made it; and what they had to sacrifice for you to get the item for $3.00 instead of $10.00.

A HARVEST OF THORNS RECOMMENDATION: STARS: 4

I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest contemporary suspense fiction novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary contemporary suspense fiction novel review.
abhishek7081
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by abhishek7081 »

A Harvest of Thorns is a book that will make you think again and again and will force you to question american consumerism. The book follows the aftermath of a tragedy at a foreign garment factory. It feels like a John Grisham novel as it takes you from corporate boardrooms to locations around the world and finally into a courtroom (all the way around). This story is gripping and has truly made me consider the supply chain effect of where our goods come from, but all within a story that I couldn't put down.
Derrick
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Derrick »

This is an interesting story, a provoking one too to open your mind to the bigger picture

-- 12 Mar 2017, 03:06 --

I recommend this book for you

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”