Bakery Detectives Cozy Mystery Boxed Set by Stacey Alabaster

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Bakery Detectives Cozy Mystery Boxed Set by Stacey Alabaster

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Bakery Detectives Cozy Mystery Boxed Set: Books 1 - 3
by Author Stacey Alabaster

STORY ONE: A PIE TO DIE FOR:

Rachel, owner of a new bakery shop, finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation in Baker Detectives Cozy Mystery, A Pie To Die For. Death of the hated food critic at the food fair, leads to failing baker Rachel's door. She is sure Bakermatic is behind all her woes including the murder. Can Rachel and her friend Pippa ferret out the truth and prove Rachel Innocent? Is romance in the air for Rachel and the local detective on the case? Will Rachel and Pippa solve the murder and save the bakery in time?

STORY TWO DONUTS, ANTIQUES, AND MURDER:

The bakery's succeeding and Pippa's assistant manager in Two Donuts, Antiques, and Murder. Pippa thinks Rachel's haunted/cursed; people seem to die around Rachel. Nevertheless, Rachel's determined to expand into the antique store next door; which Pippa declares haunted. Of course, there's another murder or two and questions about the portrait of two children in the antique store. Is the portrait of the two children really haunted as the Belldale Paranormal Club claims? So begins another mystery for Pippa and Rachel to solve. The reader will also see our favorite detective again in this book.

STORY THREE DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE:

The bakery is doing great, Pippa has been on a cruise, while Rachel has interviewed for reality t. v.'s Baking Warriors. Pippa returns with a huge surprise for Rachel. Rachel, of course, must tell Pippa about the show. This show could really make the bakery number 1. Then Rachel's introduced as Belldale's very own number one Murder Expert and of course, there's a murder on the set. Come along for murder and mayhem with Rachel, Pippa and company

My cozy mystery novel review of Bakery Detectives Cozy Mystery Boxed Set follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

With skillful writing, Stacey Alabaster keeps the intrigue and mystery at high peak in each book; each story is standalone. I found the pacing of each in sync with the length of the book. Alabaster developed her stories skillfully and did not give away the plot lines until the last-minute. With fresh writing and original story-lines, the reader is in for hours of entertainment and fun.

Finally, in concluding my contemporary cozy mystery novel review of Bakery Detectives Cozy Mystery Boxed Set 1-3, I found these three books an enjoyable light read for an afternoon of relaxation. I find Cozy mysteries a genre unto themselves as they encourage the reader to relax and enjoy a mystery through a strong woman's eyes. Cozy tends to make me think of gentle, softer than usual murder stories, fuzzy, and fun.

In these three books, we find a strong heroine residing in small town Belldale, in which she must take it upon herself to solve the mystery's involved, solve the murder, save her bakery, herself and her friend. Alabaster filled these stories with likeable and unlikable characters; some you will love and others you will love to hate. Also, Alabaster included twists and turns and wove the plot lines together expertly. Needless to say I love cozy mysteries and these three are good reads. Easy to read and fun, I look forward to more from author Stacey Alabaster.

BAKERY DETECTIVES COZY MYSTERY BOXED SET RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this boxed set of books for my self or a friend. Suitable for anyone who enjoys a solid cozy mystery, I would not hesitate to recommend this set.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest cozy mystery novel/book review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my cozy mystery novel/book review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”