Official Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kstockard
Currently Reading: The World at Night
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kstockard.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Re: Official Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kstockard »

Great review! This really makes me want to read this book as soon as possible.
rbhavsar236
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by rbhavsar236 »

This book are really nice.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

I love the unpredictability of the plot. If a book can leave me wondering what the climax would revel then I'm sure I'd love it. This book seems like it would be worth a read.
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
anamcara
Bookshelf Size: 511
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anamcara.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by anamcara »

Oh, man! Wish I could have gotten this book tonight! It has been years since I've read crime and/or mystery novels. This sampling is amazing! I have been having a hard time finding a place to stop in a Patrick Rothfuss novel that I'm halfway through, but this series of Inspector Sheehan Mysteries is too good to put down as well. Stewart, Sheehan, Allen, Turner... I MUST find and read this series. Excellent reading! Look forward to reading more of Brian O'Hare's books.
"Of the knowledge of man, nothing is more unintelligible than the
human heart."

-Homer
karaleigh2
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by karaleigh2 »

This book is in the genre I like best and it sounds right up my alley. I'm intrigued and can't wait to read it! Good review, too.
LMFranks
Currently Reading: HAiKYU!! 4
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmfranks.html

Post by LMFranks »

While this is an interesting book, I cannot say that I am entirely interested in reading it. I'm glad that there are other people who enjoy the mysteries, I'll probably pass on reading this one, in this case. I did like the initial review though, it was very thorough and thoughtful.
Hneite
Currently Reading: The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time, #3)
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reading Device: B0B3PSRHHN

Post by Hneite »

A murder mystery where i cant guess the outcome is always welcomed.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare looks like a very suspenseful book, of which I am now ready to read. I loved your review as it shows the details plainly. I like that it has no spoiler, as a greatness.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I just finished reading the sample, and found it pretty interesting. Thanks for your brilliant and spot-on review of the book, I think I'll definitely read the complete novel now. :) Congratulations to the author on a positive review!
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Post by L_Therese »

Twists and turns in the plot sound great, but I appreciate the warnings about domestic and sexual violence and gore. Along with the insight about the sergeant's character development, these could be important factors in my decision about "to read or not to read".
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE THE 11.05 MURDERS, THE INSPECTOR SHEEHAN MYSTERIES VOLUME 2:

Author Brian O'Hare created a spine tingling intriguing police crime mystery drama in The 11.05 Murders, The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries Volume 2. A horrendous rape 12 years earlier at Queen's University, a photograph and article found on a victim's computer, 3 murders, all at 11.05 p.m.; how does past and present fit together?

WDS Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart, newest addition to the Strandtown Police's Serious Crimes Unit, and fellow officers must unravel the mysteries. Stewart, fresh from a another station where she uncovered corruption and endured persecution and harassment, works under Chief Inspector Jim Sheehan to solve these murders. A close net unit, Stewart fits in after a few false starts.

Denise's stalked by an unknown stalker, Tom Allen's almost killed by an unknown assailant, and as the murders continue the suspects not only increase, but place the officers lives in peril. Come along with Inspector Sheehan, and the unit as they solve the latest murders piecing together the past and present. My police crime mystery novel review of The 11.05 Murders, The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries Volume 2 follows

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Not only a fine crime police drama, The 11.05 Murders, The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries Volume 2's full of suspense, mystery, and thrills; the reader finds an action packed story with strong characters. Filled with in-depth plotting along with twists and turns, nonstop intrigue and suspense rule the day in this book.

Laying the ground work for this multifaceted story, O'Hare begins with the rape in Queens, twelve years earlier; then fast forwards to present day. Not only did this book grab me from the horrendously evil prologue, it held me enthralled to the last page. I found I did not want to put this novel down, but kept reading far into the night.

O'Hare's development of his characters were full-bodied and realistic. With a believable premise, realistic police procedures, and gripping tension, this book's a must read for anyone who loves a solid well-written police drama. Also, O'Hare's villains will make the hair on your arms stand up! The pacing was in-line with the story-line and transition from scene to scene smooth. O'Hare included twists and turns around each corner; the reader never knows what to expect next.

O'Hare created a smart, strong, independent character in Denise. O'Hare also included a little romance for all the romantics in the audience. With a cast of strong, smart secondary characters, O'Hare shows the police as normal people with realistic attitudes, faults and failures. A strong superior in Sheehan, intelligent fellow officers along with the normal lay-abouts, and old school officers, O'Hare shows a slice of a police unit in action. He also shows the inequity of police work, advancement and promotions, and general attitudes when dealing with female officer versus male; as well as the stigma associated with an officer who rats out another regardless of their guilt.

In concluding my review of The 11.05 Murders, The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries Volume 2, I found a solid story-line and well-developed characters. Spreading hints throughout the story, O'Hare does not reveal the what, why, or who until just the right moments. With many suspects and motives, the reader's kept on the edge of their seat. I look forward to the next installment in the Inspector Sheehan series.

THE 11.05 MURDERS, THE INSPECTOR SHEEHAN MYSTERIES VOLUME 2: STARS 5

Additionally, even though I found a few minor editing errors, I felt I must give this book 5 well-deserved stars. I would not hesitate to buy The 11.05 Murders, The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries Volume 2, for myself or a friend. I highly recommend this book and series. Due to subject and violence, this novel is suitable for young adults and adults. Although part of series, this novel is a standalone.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the onlinebookclub and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest police crime novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary police crime novel review.
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

Jeyran Main wrote:One thing I know from writing reviews is that thrillers are the hardest. This is a good review. Thrillers contain so many different perspectives. It is very hard to not accidently give out any spoilers yet keep the review good enough for others to decide if they wish to buy this book or not.
Thank you! :D
I know what you mean... When the ending is REALLY good, you want to share it with people! It's so hard not to spend half the review just talking about that.

-- 25 Feb 2017, 18:58 --
dosenron877 wrote:
same problems that real police have – too little information, too much information, incorrect information, and of course, no idea how any of it fits together.

This is an interesting observation by reviewer katiesquilts. As an ex-cop, I find it easy to agree with this. The rest of this detailed review made me want to go beyond the sample (which was also good) and download the full book.
I'm a stickler for believability in novels. If it's too outlandish, I'm not having it! :lol:
Once you've finished the novel, please post the link to your review as well! I love hearing what other people have to say about the same book.
Elizabeth A
Currently Reading: The Doom Murders
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-a.html
Reading Device: Ipad

Post by Elizabeth A »

The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare. I am not huge into murder mysteries but this one has gripped me. I have only read the sample version and I want to read the whole book to find out who is behind it. You know it is going to go into some other things when the book first depicts an event that happened 12 years prior. This is a story that will grip your interest and make you try to be the detective yourself.
MagicToDo930
Currently Reading: The Witchfinder's Sister
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magictodo930.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MagicToDo930 »

I'm currently reading this book now and I have to admit, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I'm not finding it at all to be what I expected when I read the summary. Granted, I'm only within 33% of the book, so hopefully it starts to pick up. But at the moment, I feel they are concentrating more on the police aspect than the actual acts. I have yet to pick up on where the murders happen at 11:05 when committed. I love a good suspense novel, but I'm not seeing any suspense in it so far.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

A nice review and this sounds like a good read, it's been a while since I've read a mystery. It's come up on my list of books to read and review in the review team but as I'm new here I'm not sure if I should jump straight in yet.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”